Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Return of the night sweats  (Read 1244 times)

Smokey123

Return of the night sweats
« on: May 08, 2020, 06:56:21 AM »

Morning everyone, I am currently on estrogel 2 pumps (recently upped it to 3 pumps) and provera for last 14 days. I've started with night sweats again, this is why I came of femoston 2/10 as the night sweats emerged. I'm 44, do you think I'm lacking in estrogen? TIA

Hurdity

Re: Return of the night sweats
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 07:31:51 AM »

Hi Smokey

Some women find they get night sweats returning when on the progestogen part of their cycle and temprarily increasing the oestrogen during this time can help?

How long have you been on this regime and did the night sweats stop when you first used the oestrogel?

If they don't improve then maybe yes you might need an increase. From what others have said try increasing by half a pump if possible, but give each change a few weeks to settle in before a further increase, and be sure to mention to your doc, unless you've been given the go ahead to tweak the dose yourself?

Hurdity x

Lanzalover

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 11:15:02 AM »

Good morning Smokey123

I use the same regime as you (long cycle) and get an odd night sweat when using  Provera and during  the nights I've finished the course and before the bleed begins.

I have toyed with increasing the gel during this period but haven't tried it as the sweats aren't accompanied by the feelings of dread and doom pre HRT  plus they're not soaking just noticeable on my chest when waking  so I don't need to get up and changed .

They definitely happen more frequently when the weather is hot and as the older I get I find I have more trouble regulating temperatures including cold weather.( I'm in my 60s)

At your age if they are causing you problems I would do as Hurdity has suggested and increase the gel during this phase.

Good luck

Lanzalover x

Smokey123

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 09:15:37 AM »

Many thanks for both your replies. I have actually just spoken to the doctor and have been prescribed microgynon 30 again.
I want to try the contraceptive route again, as I've never felt right on the 3 different hrt's that I've tried.

I only came off the pill due to sweats, but I still get them now and my joints were no where near as bad on the pill. I am slightly worried about trying it again, but worse case scenario is I just come off it and find another hrt 🤷‍♀️

Lanzalover

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 11:08:57 AM »

Good luck

Lanzalover x

Sammiejane

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 03:38:03 PM »

hi smokey 123

i?m 41 i want the pill i had no issues on this at all microgynon 30 when i used 20s and 30s

i've been on 2 pumps gel and utro daily but when i tried jncreasjng estrogen i initially got hot flushes and same as if i take progesterone alternate nights get sweats as though i need more estrogen

let me know how it goes 

Smokey123

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2020, 02:50:35 PM »

Hi Sammijane, the doc put me on levest, same prog as microgynon & same amount estrogen too. So far so good, was expecting some side effects, due to higher dose of hormones. Early days though.

Sammiejane

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2020, 03:28:44 PM »

hi smokey123

do u mind me asking how old you are ?

also do you smoke at all ?

thank you

is leverst available in the uk

Smokey123

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2020, 04:57:19 PM »

Hi sammijane, I'm 44 and I'd never smoked. Yes I'm in the UK. I've never heard of it, I asked for microgynon and thought they'd give me rigevidon, which they changed me to when I was on the pill before, apparently cheaper, but I was prescribed levest.