Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Livial  (Read 1004 times)

lindyloo1965

Livial
« on: June 11, 2020, 01:55:30 PM »

Hi can does anyone know how long you can take Livial for , ive been on it for about a year and just had phone call from doctors saying its for short term use only, it helps greatly with my sex drive as without it i just cant have a good time lol, im having a phone appointment tomorrow with her she's lovely but i need to get my facts straight
many thanks linda

suzysunday

Re: Livial
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 03:18:14 PM »

Hi, yes livial is good for sex.  I was given it when I was about 59 by gynaecologist at the hospital after diagnosed with atrophy.  She said it was for only about a year as it's not advisable if you are over 60. However my gp was happy to prescribe it for much longer, and I understand some women take it indefinitely.  I don't know how old you are but it is for post menopausal women.  I had problems as it caused bleeding after 18 months, endometrial thickening.  After that was sorted I could have continued with it, I stopped for a few months, but was a bit scared and wanted to carry on enjoying sex.  Long story short I use local hrt ovestin, and it has been as good for me for sex.  It seems gp's vary as to what they are happy to give.  If you are happy on it then hopefully they will continue, my gp would have been, with basic blood pressure checks annually.   I know how you feel as I didn't want to come off it .

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 06:41:54 PM »

Hi, it is only for short term use, it didn't suit me so I had to stop taking it. I'm now on testosterone, maybe this would be worth exploring for yourself?

lindyloo1965

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 09:40:20 PM »

Hi, yes livial is good for sex.  I was given it when I was about 59 by gynaecologist at the hospital after diagnosed with atrophy.  She said it was for only about a year as it's not advisable if you are over 60. However my gp was happy to prescribe it for much longer, and I understand some women take it indefinitely.  I don't know how old you are but it is for post menopausal women.  I had problems as it caused bleeding after 18 months, endometrial thickening.  After that was sorted I could have continued with it, I stopped for a few months, but was a bit scared and wanted to carry on enjoying sex.  Long story short I use local hrt ovestin, and it has been as good for me for sex.  It seems gp's vary as to what they are happy to give.  If you are happy on it then hopefully they will continue, my gp would have been, with basic blood pressure checks annually.   I know how you feel as I didn't want to come off it .
Thank for your reply Suzysunday i am just not ready to give up on sex its important to me, i am 55 so i feel far too young to be done with that part of my life, my Gp has actually written me another scrip for it and said she will review it in september due to all the covid drama, cor what a pain in the butt menopause is, good luck and thanks for the info

lindyloo1965

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 09:46:30 PM »

Hi, it is only for short term use, it didn't suit me so I had to stop taking it. I'm now on testosterone, maybe this would be worth exploring for yourself?
Thanks for your reply yes i will investigate this with the doctor

suzysunday

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 11:04:24 AM »

All the best and good luck too.  I was only a couple of years older than you when my problems showed and like you I felt too young to say goodbye to sex!   I found the best way for me and I have a good sex life with my partner now after many years and problems.I'm sure you will too (not the years and problems bit) .