Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Headaches  (Read 909 times)

Tinacros

Headaches
« on: May 17, 2020, 08:47:17 AM »

A couple of weeks ago I changed from femoston conti (0.5/2.5) to oestrogel and vaginal utrogestan. I've been taking the P every other night. And alternating between 1 and 2 squirts of oestrogel. All I can say is I've experienced such bad headaches. Every day, all day.  Also my boobs have swelled and aches especially my right one and my nipple has been so itchy! My lower back has also been aching. Tbh I feel dreadful :( I am post meno and swapped from femoston because I thought the continous Progesterone had caused my weight gain.  Since I've been on this regimen I've gone up even more lbs... it does feel like fluid though. I just don't feel right. Think I?ll come off this and maybe try conti again 🤷🏽‍♀️  I'm off for an X-ray on my knees tomorrow because my joints have been so bad that I'm struggling to walk upstairs. I might see if I can try testosterone as my libido has been zero for nearly two years x

Hurdity

Re: Headaches
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 05:53:43 PM »

Hi Tinacros

Sorry to hear about your headaches and HRT woes.

As you changed from the Femoston to the gel and Utro all at once it's difficult to tell what is causing the headaches but the progesterone is the most likely culprit. You are still on continuous progesterone though  :-\ . If you want to change from continuous ( alternate day is the same as continuous in terms of effects) then you need to try a cycle ie oestrogel every day and then days 15-26 the utrogestan (vaginally 200 mg at least to start with). You will get a withdrawal bleed but at least you will know if it's the prog causing your symptoms. You've also gone from an ultra low oestrogen dose to a medium oestrogen dose so this could also be affecting you. It would be better to start on one pump ( low dose) especially as you might be an efficient absorber. This could contribute to big boobs ( although prog causes this too). If you are post-menopause and a lowish dose of oestrogen suits you then after a few months with doc approval you could go to a slightly longer cycle and so take prog less often. Testosterone would not be advised yet - you need to get the basic HRT regime sorted and if you are on conti HRT (inc alternate day prog) then libido is likely to remain depressed. I would say why not try a few tweaks to your regime over the next few months and see how you get on?

With prog it's a toss-up between putting up with side effects from continuous use and all that that entails, or having a withdrawal bleed. I am mid 60's and opted for the latter many years ago even though this may seem unpalatable to some  ::) /

Hurdity x

Tinacros

Re: Headaches
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 07:30:15 PM »

Thanks hurdity for the advice. X