Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Help HRT and Anxiety  (Read 1076 times)

LisaBaker127

Help HRT and Anxiety
« on: May 16, 2020, 05:21:17 PM »

Hi All, I am new here and would like any help you can offer.  In a nutshell I've had tests for everything since January having had a stay in hospital in Spain new year and a light switch went off and I suffered awful anxiety on what was meant to be a holiday to get away from it all. I've had numerous ecgs chest x rays ovary and womb scan bloods etc all fine. Didn't want to go down anxiety tablet route so had some cbt, worked well. Flushes awful so dr did prescribe femoston 1/10 as I pleaded with him.  Fast forward I decided to go private and now I'm on Estrogel and Utrogestan, it's only been 3.5 weeks on this new regime.  I'm also on Bisoprolol ok but going to change this to Propanorol as Dr at hospital said Bisoprolol isn't right for me. 

My heart is still continuing to race, the anxiety is awful and I'm still having hot flushes around the same time every day.  Weirdly my blue veins all seem exaggerated (has anyone else had this) and my neck pulses when I have the palps. Sleep isn't great.  I don't know if I'm having issues with the hrt or I need to give it more time.  Does anyone else suffer with the veins being prominent or pulsing neck? I do know I feel awful a lot.  Any advice appreciated, Thank You.  Aged 45, 46 in a couple of weeks.

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Help HRT and Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 05:38:27 PM »

Hi LisaBaker127       :welcomemm:

Sorry to hear your suffering, I had the same symptoms, and more, it's truly a living nightmare. You have my total sympathy, I'm post meno now, and most of my symptoms are under control.
I'm on Femoston Conti, and although not perfect, it's the best for me.
I really think you've to give it time to kick in. You should stay on any regime for about 3/6 months to see if it's the one for you.
The palpitations  are horrifying, and feels like your heart will jump out of your chest, or it feels like it's missed beats every so often, really terrible things, all normal for meno I'm afraid.
The veins I didn't have, but I know some ladies have mentioned it before on here.
Hang on in there, I'm sure one of the other ladies will post soon.
Ask anything you like, we always try to help each other. And let us know how your getting on. x

Jd xx

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 09:04:49 PM »

Anxiety and insomnia were my worst symptoms. They both took 3 months to go so I think you need to give it more time. Flushes usually go quite quickly so it might be that you need a higher dose. How much are you on? Did your anxiety come with peri or did you have it before? Are you on a sequi or conti regime? If you use it cyclically you can tell if you have problems with the progesterone. No experience of veins or palps.

LisaBaker127

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 07:09:00 AM »

Thanks both.  I'm on 3-4 pumps of gel for the 14 days then 200mg Utrogestan for 15-28 I seem to be ok on the Progesterone.  I've never suffered with anything before like I say it was as if someone had flicked a switch.  Looking back over time I can probably piece together symptoms that didn't mean anything but are related.  I'm waiting for the day everything calms down!!  My mum suffered and hers.