Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1436 times)

Bubble

« on: May 11, 2020, 09:50:19 PM »

Hi,

I have just joined after trying to find out more on my symptoms and speak to woman in similar circumstances. Im 48, been feeling out of sorts for a while, irregular periods, trouble sleeping and mood swings. It came to a head when i started get excruciating periods, after seeing gp she said i was perimenopause and said hrt was an option, decided to give it a go. I started on femiston on first day of lockdown, so not sure if it is helping me yet. Has anyone else used this or give me advice, ive been feeling slightly better but getting headaches now and then.

jaypo

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 07:43:20 AM »

Hi bubble and welcome to the forum, I personally don't take HRT so can't advise on it but someone will be along soon to advise I'm sure.
Can you exercise at all?For me,running is the best,some days it's an effort but it really makes me feel so much better.
Has the dr suggested why your periods have become bad? Excruciating how?heavy or painful? X

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 02:43:57 PM »

Hi Bubble
I'm on Femoston conti, and they do take a while to kick in.
I'm thinking even more so if your peri too, as you?ll be making your own hormones too, so with the HRT, your hormones might be all over the place.
Femoston give me headaches too, although they?re not as bad as they used to be.
Hang on in there, they are good, they just take a while to kick in.

Jd xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 03:48:07 PM »

Did U have heavy painful periods previously?  I did.   >:(

Do you keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress, some find it useful.  It can take 4-5 months B4 the body begins to feel different, usually it doesn't get where it is suddenly so it can be a while for the take up of the HRT to make a difference.

Do read the vaginal atrophy and bladder threads too ;-)

Bubble

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 04:59:57 PM »

Thanks for the replies and will persevere for the moment. I am getting quite a few headaches, but i did see thst is one of the side effects. I will try thebother pages suggested too. It was only recently i got very painful periods. Since being on this, had 2 periods one was fine but next one was painful, so still a bit up and down

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 05:46:39 PM »

Feminax might help the pain.  It was the worst thing for me!