Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Estradot patch dose increase  (Read 1216 times)

wizzylizzie

Estradot patch dose increase
« on: May 15, 2020, 09:42:09 AM »

Hi,I haven't posted before.
I've been on Estradot 25mcg patch for about 12 years.Dr Currie initially precribed them for bad palpitations due to low oestrogen. They helped within a week.
Recently I've been having them again as well as feeling tired and having dry skin.I'm thinking of asking to increase to 50mcg but worry about the added risk. Can anyone advise me please?

Salad

Re: Estradot patch dose increase
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 09:52:10 AM »

It does sound like your Oestrogen level has dropped and increasing the patch will bring the blood level back up to where you feel well.
This would mean your blood level is no different, so no increased risk?
You could call you GP for a chat about it if you?re not feeling confident.
I was prescribed a really high dose by a Menopause Clinic and told to cut one of my patches to alter my dose, according to my symptoms.

wizzylizzie

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 11:40:06 AM »

Thank you, I didn't realise that ;-)

Katia

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 09:45:46 AM »

It took me trying nearly all the progesterones to find the right one. Utrogestan was the worst one for me.  My eyes even fogged over with it. I looked like a zombie. I'd had no problems with some of the progesterones from the pill so knew there must be one out there for me. I did find one which is great. My understanding is utrogestan is referred to as body identical and isn't the same as bioidentical. Mary G has had a lot of problems with P intolerance and I think gone the bioidentical route so maybe have a look at her posts. Testing hormones will give you a baseline but they can fluctuate so much.

lindseywalsh

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 07:55:20 PM »

Hi Katie,

May I ask you which progestin you finally settled with? I have only tried utrogestan and really struggle with it.