Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Advice  (Read 820 times)

Flamingo

Advice
« on: May 15, 2020, 08:26:52 AM »

Hi
Looking for some advice please.  I'm taking pregnenolone, dhea and progesterone drops.  I take progesterone for 3 weeks and stop for a week and then I get my period.  This is only my third month on the regime.  I stopped taking progesterone 6 days ago but still no period. 

I've since spoken to a menopause doctor and hes said to start an oestrogen patch too.  Will this kick start my period?

I'm 48.
Thanks in advance x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Advice
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 08:40:59 AM »

Morning.  Can't help but didn't want to rush by.

Maybe put the product names into the search box on the Forum to see what might pop up?  Make notes ;-)

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 09:19:13 AM »

Where are you from? It's just so different to what you might have been prescribed in the UK. I haven't heard of pregnenolone and dhea being prescribed for meno. What are the progesterone drops? Are you peri or meno?
It's lack of oestrogen that causes meno symptoms so this is what you need to replace. Progesterone keeps your womb lining thin. In peri you'd normally take it for 12-14 days and bleed a couple of days later, or in meno you'd be on it continuously and not bleed.

Flamingo

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 09:14:08 AM »

Hello Sheila sorry for delay.  I'm in the uk.  I saw an alternative practitioner who did a hormone Dutch test.  I have to say I'm confused with all this! I'm very regular these days so not sure why I didn't get my period this month. Would it be to do with taking the progesterone drops?