Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: HRT and breast pain  (Read 1801 times)

angelteejay

HRT and breast pain
« on: May 13, 2020, 08:30:21 AM »

I've been on HRT (gel and Utrogestan) for almost 4 months. It took a while to work and I had to adjust doses but the last few days, after switching to 200mg Utro in pessary format, I have experienced horrendous stabbing pains in my left breast. I do have a double fibroid in that breast that I understand can be reactive to hormones. I have seen my GP and she has referred me to the breast clinic but I am sure the pain has been brought on by HRT making the fibroids enlarge. Has anybody any knowledge of this or experience of this happening?

Tinacros

Re: HRT and breast pain
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 09:04:20 AM »

I have been on oestrogel and utrogestan for a while now after switching from low dose femoston conti. I've got the same thing. My boob and nipple also itching (driving me mad). I've broke the skin on my nipple!! I've Been referred to the breast clinic too. The stabbing pain is awful. I am only on P every other night. My headaches are also horrendous:(. I'm thinking it's not the right regime for me. Hope u find a solution too xx

Hurdity

Re: HRT and breast pain
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 05:58:18 PM »

Hi angelteejay - I presume you mean fibrocystic breast disease (lumpy breasts) or fibroadenomas? Fibroids occur in the uterus. I always had lumpy breasts and breast pain as well as several bouts of mastitis when feeding all my babies. I do still get breast pain usually during the prog part of the cycle and it disappears when I stop the prog. Are you taking it cyclically or continuously? if continuouis maybe better to change to a cycle? Alternatively could the gel dose be too high for you? Good to get checked out anyway especially if you can feel lumps but most likely a temporary hormonal effect.

Hurdity x