Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Microgynon 30  (Read 3635 times)

Smokey123

Re: Microgynon 30
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2020, 11:02:36 AM »

I'm 44. I've been on HRT since May 2018, tried 3 different one's. Prior to that I was on the pill, then I stopped taking the pill as I didn't see the point on staying on it as my partner had a vasectomy. I was have having night sweats, so went back on it at some point, but was having the usual 7 day breaks, so think that may of coincided with the sweats? I was also going through a stressful time as my dad moved from Scotland to stay with us, as he was diagnosed with a terminal illness. So think it was a combination of things that really triggered my symptoms and made them worse, as I was having night sweats and a couple of other symptoms in my mid 30's. Did the doc suggest hrt to you?

Sammiejane

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2020, 11:50:35 AM »

hi smokey 123

well i've had surgical menopause at 35
hrt free between 2014-2018 no symtoms other then couple flushes but never bothered me
sept 2018 i tried a patch elleste solo but after 6 weeks stopped as effected my vision and breathlessness
2 weeks later started vagifem as my only symtom was watery discharge possible VA then 5 weeks into vagifem my hair started shedding so started 25dec 2018 the gel felt horrific so stopped it dec 2019 to feb 2020 hair stopped shedding but vaginal probs back  and now since feb been trying a combined regime however hair is now shedding more compared to off hrt however don't think as bad as on estrogen alone although hrt is causing hairline to receded all around and mainly nape of neck behind ears so gp wants to try testosterone but i?m scared and wondering whether to change the estrogen to patch to see if it's the gel causing it but gp thinks won't make any difference as all estradiol and i?m obsorbing the gel levels are good it's so frustrating when i started i only had vaginal probs and i guess a little emotions but was coping hrt has cause me to have huge aniexty depression health aniexty that i fear to make any change no confidence self esteem because of my hair falling out ! should i try testerone ?
i wanted the pill but because i smoke they said no and i?m not allowed tablet hrt because i have ibs smoke and slow transit of my bowels x i?m feeling ok on my regime now just my hair do i change to patch or stick with it try tesosterone ! i suppose if i try tesosterone and becomes worse i?m just going to quit hrt ! let's also frustrating as some women who have had hysterectomy ovaries removed take estrogen and have no problems stay on estrogen only for 5-10 years but for me i couldn't tollerate it which is frustration because i should of kept my ovaries as they were healthy but due to pelvic pain they thought best to remove however if i had known all what i do now and that some women can't tollerate hormones my decision would of been so different and i live with that i can't work because of mental health it ma caused me my partner left back in march my so.mn just recently diagnosed with epilepsy so i have it going on but i?m not stressed i don't get stressed really just don't know what to do for the best so if you could advise or anyone else who reads this

CrispyChick

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2020, 12:20:45 PM »

I've not tried HRT...... Yet.

I was due an appointment with menopause clinic in March, but inevitably it was cancelled. GP is unsure what to do with me, but is happy to try me on the pill. Like I say, I've been working my way through different ones.

Gederal was too high estrogen and gave me migraines. Brevinor similar. Microgynon is meant to be less estrogenic. I'm still getting headaches which feel like pressure behind my nose..... I'll keep trying. Lower dose estrogen (20mg) gave me low mood.

My main symptoms were severe dizziness and constant nausea - the pill is definitely working for them. 👍

Sammiejane

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2020, 10:41:44 PM »

hi crispy chick

do u smoke at all ?
can i ask your age if your on the pill ?

i?m unsure what to do !

CrispyChick

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2020, 07:50:26 AM »

Morning. I'm 44. I do not smoke, never have. I also have low blood pressure, so my gp is totally comfortable with me being on the pill.

Katia

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2020, 02:12:42 PM »

Crispy chick, femodene is very estrogenic.  There's a chart, I can't remember the name, and the further to the right they are the more estrogenic they are and the further left the less. There are some members on here who are using half of a pill instead of hrt. I calculated it a couple of years ago and basically if I remember rightly half a pill worked out at about three quarters of a hrt tablet.

Alicess

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2020, 04:23:29 PM »

Katia, Gestodene has little to no estrogenic effects.

According to Wiki;

"Gestodene is a highly potent progestogen, and also possesses weak androgenic, antimineralocorticoid, and glucocorticoid activity.[9][10][11] Due to its progestogenic activity, it has antigonadotropic and functional antiestrogenic effects.[9] The medication has little or no estrogenic and no antiandrogenic activity.[9]"

Ethinylestradiol in birthcontrol is four- to tenfold more potent then estradiol. 0r 1 mcg (uq) ethinylestradiol is equivalent to 100-250 mcg (uq) estradiol.
Also; EE isn't bound by SHBG while estradiol in HRT is.  I think you need least 30 to 60 mg Estradiol versus 30 mcg Ethinylestradiol as in Microgynon.

Alicess

CrispyChick

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2020, 08:41:15 AM »

Oh. Never heard of anyone taking half a COC pill.

I'm taking a 7 day break. My headaches were getting bad everyday. I didn't get headaches when I took microgynon before. I am wondering if swapping from different brands with no break could lead to build up?

Anyway, apart from day 1 off the pill where my mood was horrific, the rest of the week is going OK. So I think I'll do the full 7 day break then restart microgynon. 🤷‍♀️

Smokey, how are you getting on?

Lalb1

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2020, 07:51:32 AM »

Just wondering how you both got on doing the back to back? I've been on microgygnon for a while and was having the 7 day break. Symptoms of perimenopause have intensified this last 4 or 5 months. I took a break from the pill but ended up back on it.
So I've read about taking it back to back to try and ease the symptoms. I'm currently on day 5, finished last pack on Saturday and should have had the break to get a period this week. I'm still getting all the normal. period symptoms but as yet nothing has appeared. Has anyone found this has definitely helped?
Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2]