Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bleeding update and further tests and what they mean  (Read 2625 times)

Sparkler

Re: Bleeding update and further tests and what they mean
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2020, 05:30:03 PM »

Hi there

I had a hysteroscopy and biopsy in May. The doctor was totally upfront and explained that some women don't feel bad during the procedure and others can't tolerate it. She said there was no way of telling before trying and that she would happily call me back on a different date if I was one of those individuals who feel extreme pain.

It did hurt, but I didn't want to have to go back again, so she continued and it didn't last long. I think as long as you feel like you can stop the procedure at any time you will likely be fine - whether you continue or not. You need to feel like you are in control.

Bizarrely, it helped to watch the screen and see inside! Fascinating!

Good luck and try not to worry - just make sure you are able to have choice at each stage.
S
X

shrosphirelass

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2020, 06:58:32 PM »

Had my appointment through today. One stop gynae oncology next Wednesday. It said pre medication, scan; external and trans vaginal and biopsy and camera. I rang and asked about it and was told that the pre-med was ibprofen and some other pain killer, (because it sometimes causes a bit of cramping). I asked if they did sedation eg diazapan and she said she didn't think so. The only other possible option is sedation eg general anaesthetic on another occasion. I'm not going to have the pain medication and just have the scans and hopefully the dr will then talk me through the results. I know this is a deaftist attitude but I can't get though the next week otherwise. I will face having furher tests (if necessary) after next week. My appointment is 8.40am and I have got to drink 3 pints 2 hours before so it will be a very early start!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2020, 07:01:34 PM »

That sounded an awful lot to me prior to a body scan when an isotope was injected : I had to walk round the nearby town for 2 hours, trust me I knew every cafe and loo by the time I went back to the Hospital  ::)

You will need someone to drive you there and back ;-).  Let us know how you get on.
Pages: 1 [2]