Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Microgynon 30  (Read 3636 times)

Smokey123

Microgynon 30
« on: May 11, 2020, 09:19:54 AM »

Hi I have just asked doc to put me back on microgynon 30. I was previously on this 3 years ago and only came off due to night sweats. I understand it can be taken back to back, say 3 packets without a break, I was told this by my doc when I was on it before.
I was just wondering if anyone on here has gone from hrt back to the pill? If so, what are your thoughts? Many thanks 😊

Sammiejane

Re: Microgynon 30
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 03:31:39 PM »

hi smokey123

i wanted to go on the pill following my surgical menopause at 35 but because i smoke they wouldn't let me and i am yet to find a hrt that is suiting me x

CrispyChick

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 10:12:43 AM »

Hi. Just seen this. I've been struggling to find a pill to suit and curb my perisymptoms.

Gederal gave me migraines. Tried microgynon but anxiety was bad. Tried brevinor - too high in estrogen I think. I've just swapped back to microgynon.

I'm day 6 and my head feels like it is going to explode and I am sooooo lethargic.

How are you finding it?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 10:14:36 AM by CrispyChick »

CrispyChick

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 10:13:27 AM »

Just reread, you're probably not on it yet.

Yes, I'm doing back to back.

Katia

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 09:47:51 AM »

I went from hrt - the gel and utrogestan - back to femodene. The p in femodene was so much better for me. I stayed on it about a year and have now found a hrt which works and doesn't seem much different to being on the pill

CrispyChick

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 02:03:24 PM »

Femodene is about the only one I haven't tried. Lol

Why did you come back of it katia, if it was working?

Katia

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2020, 09:10:50 AM »

I found a hrt that worked so I've stuck with that.  But it wasn't like when I changed from femodene to the gel and utrogestan, with this hrt I noticed no difference. I'd taken the pill for years, yasmin for 13 years and then I got bleeding from it, strangely then the same thing happened with angeliq.  I think I'd just overdone that progesterone. Cilest, marvelon, femodene they are the group that seems to work well for me. The P from this group isn't found in hrt in the U.K.  The high androgen Ps that tend to be in hrt like levenorgestrel, provera and norethisterone don't tend To agree with me.

Sammiejane

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2020, 11:09:00 AM »

hi katia

can i ask what hrt you have now found work ?

thanks

Smokey123

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2020, 02:28:59 PM »

Sorry I haven't been on here for a few days. Thanks for all your replies!
I've been put on Levest, same estrogen and progesterone as microgynon, seems okay so far, early days but I thought I would of suffered with some really bad side effects after switching from HRT and being on such a low dose compared to the pill. 🤞 all will be well. X

Smokey123

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2020, 02:33:22 PM »

Hi. Just seen this. I've been struggling to find a pill to suit and curb my perisymptoms.

Gederal gave me migraines. Tried microgynon but anxiety was bad. Tried brevinor - too high in estrogen I think. I've just swapped back to microgynon.

I'm day 6 and my head feels like it is going to explode and I am sooooo lethargic.

How are you finding it?

I stopped the pill a few years ago because of really bad night sweats, however I'm now wondering if they came through on the 7 day break? So I'm planning on doing 3 packets back to back. I found on hrt that the sweats stopped, but gradually crept back in. Hope your anxiety eases up!

CrispyChick

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2020, 06:34:05 PM »

Smokey 123 what day are you on? I've just taken number 9. Had headache all day. Not a migraine but an annoying pain at back of head.

Smokey123

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2020, 06:34:40 AM »

I'm on day 8 crispychick. Are you planning on having the 7 day break?

CrispyChick

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2020, 07:14:52 AM »

No, no break. Although I might consider a 4 day break after 3 months, will see how it goes.

Are you?

Good to find someone in exactly the same position. I'm glad the first week has been good to you. I'm hoping my headaches go away......

Smokey123

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2020, 08:02:34 AM »

Hi crispychick, no I'm going to do the packs back to back too.

Yes I'm glad I found someone in the same boat too. Not managed to find anyone up to now, who is still using the pill as an alternative to HRT. Obviously age is a factor.

Hope your headaches subside, keep me posted 😊

CrispyChick

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2020, 08:34:14 AM »

How old are you smokey? I turned 44 last week. Been trying pills since November. Perimenopause horrific symptoms for 2 1/2 years.

Took 2 years of all manner of tests before myself and gp worked out it was hormones!
Pages: [1] 2