Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Rainbow Bridge  (Read 11431 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Rainbow Bridge
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2020, 08:13:35 PM »

I can't type it without shedding tears  :-\

jaypo

« Reply #61 on: February 29, 2020, 10:09:20 AM »

Oh Birdy,I'm so so sorry,got a lump in my throat and don't even know you :'(

Krystal

« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2020, 07:02:25 PM »

In reply to your question about the cat we found in our garden, (posting 26 February by me). The cat was not scruffy or dishevelled. When we first took him to the vet's, the vet speaking in broken English said that the little cat was very well looked after as his coat was glossy. They said he was healthy and sent us away with him saying we should advertise we had found him. There was a wound on his body but they said that was OK. The vet said as he was playful there were no problems. By now the cat had been in our garden 48 hours and the weather was freezing. The day after the visit to the vet the poor cat was very poorly. He wandered into our kitchen and spent nearly three hours on the floor not moving. The local Cats Protection Charity referred us to the RSPCA who accepted little cat's case, gave us a log number and said they would pay the bills. When we had our own cats they were covered by Petplan which reimbursed some of the bills. This little cat had no such luxury. We contacted the vet again and gave them the RSPCA details. My god, money talks. They were immediately interested so back to the vet little cat went.  We left him at the vets to continue with his care. He was someone's cat but no-one in the area said he was theirs.  In all the time we knew him not once did he spit, scratch or struggle when took him in and out of the cat carrier or in the car. To anyone reading this whose own pet is not well my thoughts are with you. X

CLKD

« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2020, 07:06:01 PM »

That's where microchipping might have traced the owner, though some don't re-register the details when they move as it costs  :-\.  The RSCPA of course, should have taken up the issue in Court with that particular Vet Surgery!

Two hoots

« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2020, 12:29:07 PM »

Monty Dons dog Nigel has died, he was the star of Gardeners World  :'(

Sparrow

« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2020, 12:35:38 PM »

Oh, that's so sad.  :'(

We always call it Nigel's World.  He was such a part of the programme.

CLKD

« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2020, 12:50:32 PM »

:'(. I said to Himself on Friday that Nigel was beginning 2 look old.  He was also out in the rain whilst Monty was filming. Then Monty was holding a Yorkie  :-\  ::)

Strangely a clue in a crossword this afternoon was 'abbreviation of the name of the gardener with a dog named Nigel'  :-\
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 03:50:43 PM by CLKD »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]