Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Gluten free yorkshire puddings  (Read 1785 times)

Penguin99

Gluten free yorkshire puddings
« on: May 10, 2020, 03:28:26 PM »

Hi all, my son is coeliac so I do a lot of gluten free cooking, but I just can't get Yorkshire's right :( they are stodgy in the middle and no matter how long they are in the oven they just don't cook through.) I currently have some in the oven atm, I've tried Gordon Ramseys ( normal) recipe today, will let you know how they go. Just wondered if anyone one on here has made them successfully.  I know I can buy them but I prefer to do my own cooking  :)

jaypo

Re: Gluten free yorkshire puddings
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 03:47:02 PM »

Oh it's a real pain penguin,I've a wheat allergy,so know the problems with the gf flour,have you tried adding xanthan gum?you can buy it at Tesco's,it helps bind the flour,I make a really good pizza base adding it to flour,butter and mashed potato,much better than shop bought gf pizza ,good luck  :)

Penguin99

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 03:53:27 PM »

Hi, yes I use xanthum gum. I did 125g flour ( glutafin all purpose), 3 eggs, pinch salt, tsp xanthum gum & 150ml milk. It was very thick, but I didn't want to change recipe. They don't taste too bad but are quite thick in the middle.  They also look like I've used brown flour inside :o

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 05:40:29 PM »

I buy Tesco gf ones but they?re not great,just cover them in gravy  ;D
So do you think if you added more milk they might have been better?oh and how many did that make?,I'm going to give it a try

Penguin99

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 09:25:26 PM »

Hi, it made 12. Actually they were really tasty, my son said the best I've made yet. Next time I'm going to use a little less flour, I'm going to make toad in the hole in the week so will definitely use this recipe. You beat the eggs in a bowl first with a balloon whisk then gradually add sifted flour, salt & xanthum gum, itgoes really thick then slowly mix in the milk.  Hope you like them :)

melanie61

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 06:15:41 AM »

Hi, You need to use cornflour instead of gluten free flour.
112g cornflour
5 eggs
200ml milk
1 tsp veg oil
Pinch salt
Whisk for a good 3 minutes with an electric whisk
Hot fat in a 12 holes muffin tray , then 25 minutes in a 230 degree oven
They will work every time

Penguin99

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 09:19:50 AM »

Hi, will give those a try, do they rise well? I have noticed a difference with flours, some better to work with than others.

jaypo

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 01:42:51 PM »

Thanks ladies,will give both versions a try  :)