Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: I applied oestrogel to broken skin  (Read 1032 times)

Dandelion

I applied oestrogel to broken skin
« on: May 09, 2020, 06:21:34 PM »

I have a little cut on one hand and an insect bite on my arm and the screen is broken.
For the last couple of days I have been applying is to gel and forgetting about the broken skin what problems on this cars please

shoppingqueen

Re: I applied oestrogel to broken skin
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 09:07:39 PM »

Hello
I also use the gel and have dermatitis at the moment- little splits in skin so am trying v hard to apply carefully. However, I did get some in there a couple of times- the alcohol stung. No adverse reactions.
I'm sure you will be fine. Try and apply to another area eg upper inner thighs for a while until the insect bite heals. I'm not a doctor, of course, but having had trouble myself a couple of weeks ago trying to avoid using the sore bits of my hand, I've been fine. All healed now but I did think of using a plastic glove. But decided my hands washed would be more 'sterile?.
Am sure someone else in the know will be along soon but try not to worry.
You could always check with the doctor if you are concerned but I don't think they would be worried- probably say the same thing? Just avoid that area and use a different hand??
Xx

Dandelion

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 09:10:51 PM »

Hi. Thank you for your answer. I wonder why they say not to apply to broken skin if it's just a stinging I'm not that worried it's just not known why they say it.

Joaniepat

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 09:12:09 PM »

If you have cuts on the hand you use to rub the gel in, squirt the gel directly onto inner thigh and rub in with the back of a tablespoon.

JP x

Dandelion

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 09:17:00 PM »

If you have cuts on the hand you use to rub the gel in, squirt the gel directly onto inner thigh and rub in with the back of a tablespoon.

JP x
Hi the gel absorbs best on my arms. The insect bite is only small. Do you know why why they don't like you to apply to broken skin,? Thank you.

Joaniepat

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2020, 06:44:56 AM »

[/quote]
Hi the gel absorbs best on my arms. The insect bite is only small. Do you know why why they don't like you to apply to broken skin,? Thank you.
[/quote]

The alcohol would sting but apart from that I don't really know.

JP x