Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan dosage query?  (Read 572 times)

shoppingqueen

Utrogestan dosage query?
« on: May 09, 2020, 01:59:53 PM »

Hello all
I've been on gel 2 pumps and Utrogestan 100mg for 2 weeks now and I think I'm getting some side effects- but of a dry mouth on waking, tiredness, bloated and rumbling tummy.
I'm wondering if I should try vaginal route- is this ok with the oral tablets? They seem quite hard??
Also, my other thought was Newson said vaginal route at 100mg 12-14 days is safe- would this be the same orally??
I don't think I could do 200mg each eve for 12 days but I really prefer a withdrawal bleed. If 200, do you put both tablets up there?? Also, is it a different tablet I would need to use vaginally or just the ones I have been prescribed for oral use?
Lots of questions- any help would be great!
SQ xx probably post meno 51 yrs old
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 02:33:12 PM by shoppingqueen »

sheila99

Re: Utrogestan dosage query?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 02:55:42 PM »

They are the same. If you use them vaginally push them up as far as you can just before you go to bed. You shouldn't reduce from the standard dose unless you have your doctor's agreement or you're prepared to pay for your own scans to make sure the lining stays thin. I use 12 days of 200mg vaginally. If you prefer a bleed anyway why not use it cyclically? That way you can separate out any problems you may have with progesterone.

shoppingqueen

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 03:25:28 PM »

Thanks Sheila99
Yes, I genuinely do prefer a bleed and usually I actually prefer the prog phases when I was on Femoston strangely. I know that's unusual. I know it can take time getting used to new regimes though I've been around the block on HRT over time.
As I've been on 100mg per eve for 2 weeks orally I am wondering how I would switch to 200? 🤔 any suggestions. I don't suppose it matters if switching over but am wondering if I should not take the Utrogestan for a week- see if I can have a withdrawal bleed first then go to the 200s? Xx

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 04:13:20 PM »

I'd be inclined to stop it for a couple of weeks. If you bleed then that's day 1 of your new cycle. If you don't then start on 200mg after a fortnight and you should bleed a couple of days after finishing. But this is the way I'd do it, I'm not aware of a recommended way.

shoppingqueen

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 06:00:08 PM »

Many thanks, Sheila!! This makes sense as I can then do the cyclical and know where I am up to. I like the gel as even though I'm on 2 pumps I know I can increase if needed (it's going well so far but early days) it's just getting the Utrogestan right 😁 xx