Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Alternatives to Evora Sequi Patches  (Read 1816 times)

Fleur902

• First Flush
Alternatives to Evora Sequi Patches
« on: May 17, 2020, 12:53:07 PM »

Hello, I am a newbie here and I would like some advice on alternatives to the Evora Sequi patches. I have been on them since March 2019. I had my last period in January 2019. I can no longer get these patches and am looking for an alternative. The patches for me have been brilliant, anxiety, mood swings, flushes have all come under control and I felt a million times better with the patches. Previously when there was a shortage of the patches my Doctor prescribed Estradiol 0.06% 1 pump a day and Utrogestan 100mg taking 2 on days 15-26. I did not need to use this medication as I found some patches. Is this a good alternative ? I have suffered from menstrual migraines all my life and they have eased now but I do still get headaches which can last a couple of days. Also, after what time should I be changing to an HRT where there is no bleed ? I have a Drs telephone appointment tomorrow to discuss the alternatives but would love some advice from you ladies with any suggestions or recommendations. Thank you so much. X

Hurdity

Re: Alternatives to Evora Sequi Patches
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 06:11:46 PM »

Hi Fleur902

:welcomemm:

Unfortunately there ar eno combi alterantives to Evorel sequi patches at the moment. These should be available pretty soon but in the meantime you might be able to get Evorel 50 and Evorel conti so you would then take two weeks of each ( which is what Evorel sequi is).

Another alternative is to find Evorel 50 patches or similar ( eg another brand) together with a norethisterone tablet (same prog as in Evorel sequi) although this is not generally prescribed on its own for hRT even though it's part of the combi pills.

The other progesterone tablet is Provera.

Both of these progs can be used with oestrogen patches so might be your best bet.

However if you have the gel and utro then why not start and see how you get on? Usuallly the advice is that if you;ve been on HRT for some years then a trial of conti HRT can be tried when you reach age 54 as 80% of women will have gone through meno by this age. Depends how old you are now and where you were in menopause when you started hRT ie whether you were getting hardly any periods in the year leading up to January 2019? if they were pretty regual just skipping the odd one then probably best to stay with cyclical for now.

A way round this (if you don't want a cycle) is the Mirena coil which provides contraception as well as the prog part of hRT and usually ends up stopping the bleeds after the first few months even though you are not yet at menopause.

I started with Evorel sequi many moons ago ( 2007!!) when I first started hRT and then swapped to Oestrogren patches and progesterone, firstly Cyclogest pessaires for the first few years and then utrogestan which I continue to take on a cycle despite my age ( mid 60's) because I hate taking prog!

Hope this helps? let us know how you get on :)

Hurdity x

Fleur902

• First Flush
Re: Alternatives to Evora Sequi Patches
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 10:31:40 PM »

Hi Hurdity,

Thank you for the great advise. I will let you know how I get on.  :)x