Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Menopause stays with you for the rest of your life  (Read 1769 times)

Sparrow

Re: Menopause stays with you for the rest of your life
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2020, 03:58:20 PM »

There is nothing wrong with opinion.  Sometimes it's better than badly researched science.

Anything that stimulates discussion is good.

Kathleen

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2020, 05:58:16 PM »

Hello again KarineT

Your symptoms sound very familiar. I recognise them all as I'm sure do many other ladies here on the forum.

I also hope that my mood issues will begin to resolve naturally.  My physical symptoms are much milder than they were and some have disappeared altogether.  Any flushes I have now are very mild and sweating is confined to my underarms. Night sweats were never severe and I didn't need to use a fan, open a window or change my bedclothes during the night. I had a few episodes of of insomnia but after a night of little sleep I would be back to normal the next night. My bladder was never a problem, I only need to use the bathroom once at night and I usually get back to sleep. VA symptoms began a few weeks after giving up on HRT and only require a vaginal moisturiser to keep things under control plus  I've never had a UTI. I don't have joint pains and only a little muscle stiffness on waking. In addition I had daily headaches for over six months but they stopped on their own and the palpitations I experienced were horrible but they too have stopped.

I say all the above to hopefully reassure you that symptoms do resolve. I should add that I was taking a medium dose of HRT for some of the time and who knows if any of these problems will re appear now I am HRT free. Having said that none of them have come back to date (fingers crossed obviously lol).

I think for some of us the emotional side of the menopause is the more troublesome and longer lasting unfortunately.

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

Sparrow

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2020, 06:11:59 PM »

I've never had VA either and only very occasionally have to pee at night.

The thing with the menopause is that you get what it says on the tin.  However, everyones tin is different.  ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2020, 03:42:14 PM »

I like that!  I didn't have atrophy for years after my periods stopped.  It took 2 years of intermittent urine infection-type symptoms B4 the GP recognised what the Practice Nurse had failed to do!
Pages: 1 [2]