Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Any one recovered from C-19  (Read 5385 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Any one recovered from C-19
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2020, 03:33:43 PM »

It's a dangerous Virus.  It will take it's time, hopefully physio has been suggested Annie?  The body has been fighting hard so any energy will have been diverted, also, muscles don't take long B4 they atrophy so the body overall becomes very weak. 

Annie0710

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2020, 09:28:00 AM »

I'm losing track of what I've told you all so here's a recap

A Guy me and hubby went to school with age 54 was taken to Papworth on life support,  he's discharged (April) but still can't manage flight of stairs

My golf friend (mid 70s) was week of lockdown(not hospitalised) he still can't manage 6+ steps

My friends mum sadly passed away last weekend age 84

My friend and her hubby (Both 62) (daughter of 84 yo) tested positive too.  Friend in bed with flu symptoms but physically doing ok I think (I ask how she is but she is so upset about her mum I don't get answers) don't think hubby had to go bed but had hacking cough and temp then lost taste and smell,  his wife had temp and lost taste and smell but no cough x

Sparrow

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2020, 10:34:35 AM »

Wow, do you live in an area with a high infection rate??

I can honestly say I don't know anyone who has had it.  My husband knows one person, but it is someone he has only spoken to on a Zoom meeting.

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2020, 11:23:56 AM »

A friend knows 3 people who have died in the Fens.

How is Boris continuing?  Everyone I have heard of who needed hospital treatment will take months to recover fully.  The 1st muscles to atrophy are the thighs to it stands to reason that people will have difficulty standing and walking which is where physiotherapy should be applied.  I think that patients think they should recover quicker! but it's a huge strain on energy as the body maintains Life.  Plus all the pulling about as treatment progresses.  Intensive Care isn't a gentle process when there's an emergency.

I would suggest Annie that those two friends ask for physiotherapy - R they being followed up?

Hurdity

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2020, 07:50:34 AM »

I can honestly say I don't know anyone who has had it.  My husband knows one person, but it is someone he has only spoken to on a Zoom meeting.

Gosh that's amazing!

I live in SW England and I know 3 separate people (households) in our village who have had it, and two of my children and partner in London (two separate households) have also had it. Also several other people around the country loosely regarded as friends.

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2020, 07:56:21 AM »

Huridty: Have they been tested yet?  When the anti-body test arrives for the public, then there will be a better picture of who had seasonal 'flu, who had a cold, who had C-19 - at the moment, people who have suffered, even a few who had hospital treatment, are not showing anti-bodies to C-19  :-\.  It will be a while B4 the true scale will imerge.

Have they recovered or have they struggled.  Many who had been affected are very weak as muscles waste really quickly.  Mentally they can get up and go but the body tells them otherwise  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2020, 10:58:57 AM »

I don't have a thermometer and wouldn't know what my temp ought to be  ::)

Paracetamol did the trick?

Taz2

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2020, 12:20:28 PM »

I know of three families who have tested positive for the virus. The children are doing well but the adults are really suffering in each family. I also know of various friends who are convinced they have had the virus but this was when testing hadn't been rolled out. Other friends were also convinced recently that they had all of the symptoms but their tests have just been returned as negative so, who knows who had it, and who didn't before the testing got underway. There are also many reports of false negatives if the test is not performed correctly. My daughter in law is waiting for her result - although she feels it is just her "normal" tonsillitis/sinus infection - and she said the test was really difficult to do and she still doesn't know if she did it properly. Her GP said that if it doesn't hurt then you're not doing it correctly which filled her with enthusiasm obviously!

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2020, 03:25:45 PM »

That's why it is important to 'do' the test correctly as well as knowing where it will be sent and how long the result will take to come back.

I have seen people with a sick bowl when queuing up to be tested at a 'station'  :-\ and a neighbour had hers taken and said it wasn't a pleasant procedure: negative. Her blood anti-body test is ages coming back ..........

Katejo

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2020, 04:52:31 PM »

Do you do them at home if you don't drive? How does that work?
Mine was done at a hospital before my hysteroscopy. It was slightly uncomfortable but bearable but I think I would have found it hard to do myself.

Taz2

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2020, 06:34:51 PM »

You order a test online and it's delivered by Amazon Logistics within 48 hours. You then email them to say it's arrived and you are given a date/time when the test will be picked up again. The result is then texted to you within four days. Directions are in the test pack.

Taz x

Annie0710

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2020, 06:20:24 AM »

I wouldn't class our area as high risk.  East Anglia but the local paper said this week figures aren't coming down here as fast as they'd expected and the 3 ?bad ? towns are all next to each but on the London to Peterborough train line which is interesting x

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2020, 08:44:36 AM »

King's Lynn has had huge death rates ............  :-\

I noted that other Hospitals in East Anglia/Beds have had large rates too .........

I was with a friend last night: who apparently had symptoms in Feb., the last time we were all together, that is 18+ of us intermittently during 3 weeks throughout Feb.into March - but none of us has contracted C-19  :-\
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 12:08:30 PM by CLKD »

Hurdity

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2020, 09:11:53 AM »

Huridty: Have they been tested yet?  When the anti-body test arrives for the public, then there will be a better picture of who had seasonal 'flu, who had a cold, who had C-19 - at the moment, people who have suffered, even a few who had hospital treatment, are not showing anti-bodies to C-19  :-\.  It will be a while B4 the true scale will imerge.

Have they recovered or have they struggled.  Many who had been affected are very weak as muscles waste really quickly.  Mentally they can get up and go but the body tells them otherwise  :'(

The three in the village were all tested and confirmed. I only know about one of our neighbours who recovered and is back at work. In her 50's and overweight but didn't have it too badly.

My offspring etc in London weren't tested but will have had it.  I would say 99% certain. London was the epicentre. They were in all the places and with people who had it. It was not seasonal flu in April and for young people in 20s and 30s. They all incubated it in that period of time before proper lockdown.  My son got it from work as he sat next to someone who had it and visited pubs where it was confirmed and the pub closed. The others were with people who had it. No question about it.  They all had it mildly ie temp cough shortness of breath, tight chest, achey limbs. For them more like flu type symptoms but not bad flu which they don't generally get anyway.

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 2 [3]