Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: POF- anyone? Am struggling...  (Read 1350 times)

Lisamrk77

• First Flush
POF- anyone? Am struggling...
« on: April 23, 2020, 06:26:56 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm new here today!
Lowdown... I'm 42. Was diagnosed with pof at 37. I went on HRT (elleste duet 1mg) 2yrs ago which was great. Then came the HRT shortage. Doc tried me on femoston but I didn't like it, puffed up etc. Had nothing for 3 months then went back on elleste duet again and it wasn't the same. Didn't feel right, bit of spotting etc. Doc then prescribed me estrogel and utrogestan. I put on 8/9lb  in 3 months. Then! Blood pressure went sky high, now on blood pressure tablets and docs told me to stop HRT.
This was 30 days ago. No period as yet, am bloated as hell, boobs swollen and really sore. Can anyone advise what happened once they stopped? Any period, weight loss, de-bloat? I've trawled the internet fir days trying to find some real experiences and am at a loss. Many thanks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: POF- anyone? Am struggling...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 06:38:38 PM »

:welcomemm:

Bloating is awful  >:( ......

Lisamrk77

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 06:55:23 PM »

It really is.. I look so blubbery. I'm weight training 3/4 times a week, eating healthily and literally not a lb lost in 4 weeks. I'm so utterly fed up of trying to work it all out. 😫

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 07:24:34 PM »

Do you take your blood pressure at home?  DH had a home monitor, he took his BP every morning at 7.00 B4 breakfast.  Jotted down the amounts and showed to our GP every 3 months.  White Coat syndrome is so common.

Lisamrk77

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 07:46:22 PM »

Hi yes, I have one at home and it kept going up through the day. I called 111, medics came out and it was 187/106 so waken taken in. I'm now on blood pressure meds but my surgery rang to say to come off the HRT. Am yet to see doc to discuss next step.

Cassie

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 01:13:13 PM »

I dont think Oestrogel nor Utrogestan would cause the high Bp. I cannot take Utrogestan continuously, I take 100mg for 12 days every other month, it makes me far too wired up and I also bloat, the Oestrogel is great, its a good way to take HRT transdermally, perhaps you can try a lowe dosage not sure what you were prescribed. I have always been ok on just one pump daily but everyone reacts differently. Hope that you soon feel better. You really could do with staying on the combo till at least 50, I also went though POF and started @ 40 with the two and am now well into my 50s and intend to stay on it as long as possible, but yes the Utrogestan is the trying part of the combo thus me using it as little as I possibly can.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2020, 01:16:02 PM »

I wouldn't stop until the GP explains why. 

How is your BP at home?  Morning and evening is enough. 

Make a list of symptoms to discuss with your GP and ask him to liaise with a Pharmacist about the way to deliver what may be essential for you!  Don't be fobbed off. 

Lisamrk77

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2020, 08:16:18 AM »

Thanks for your insights ladies. I broke down to hubby yesterday and reeled off everything I'm feeling and symptoms. He's suggested we go private so I can get full testing done and a tailored HRT. Feel so unsupported with Such generic advice from the doctors and i guess I?ll suffer if I take nothing. Feeling bit more hopeful today 😊

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2020, 08:24:21 AM »

Have a look at Louise Newsoms website and Prof Studd has had good reports too.   Both are mentioned on the Forum so you can have a look-C via the search box.

Keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart everything.  Let us know how you get on.

sheila99

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2020, 01:08:58 PM »

There are NHS menopause clinics though you will have a longer wait. You can take hrt as long as your BP is under control so I think they were right to stop it now. It might be worth trying anything new on a cycle rather than conti, it's nearly always the prog that causes the problems and this way you'll know. Our metabolism slows down as we age so the weight gain isn't necessarily due to hrt. I find the only way I can reduce weight is by changing my diet.

Lisamrk77

• First Flush
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2020, 08:12:28 AM »

Hi, I was on cyclical so estrogel daily then 12 days of utrogestan. So I'm now 5 weeks on from stopping and I'm feeling no better. I feel nausea throughout the day, boobs are still very painful and am bloated like I'm 4 months pregnant. How long does it take to rid your system? And thanks above, I will search forum on those studies. 😊

sheila99

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2020, 04:14:59 PM »

Sorry, can't answer the question but I would have thought the progesterone (which usually causes sore boobs) would have cleared your system by now. I wonder if something else is going on? Something happened for you BP to change, maybe some of these problems aren't related to hrt but to something else. Perhaps see you gp again?

Shannonplussed

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2020, 12:06:08 AM »

I have you gotten anywhere with this? I was diagnosed with Early Menopause last year at 42, and your symptom of bloating and looking pregnant are soooo familiar! I said to the doctor(s) that I look pregnant (people at work were convinced I was) and I felt pregnant...and this was without any HRT. I went on estrogel and prometrium (same as utrogestan) continuous and the bloating stayed. I briefly tried it on a cycle but I don't like going OFF the progesterone; the drop is bad news for my mental health. Somehow though in the last couple of months, the bloating has finally abated, I dropped about 10 lbs of the 45 lbs I put on, and I don't know why. I felt GOOD. Except I started a bleed yesterday (it's a no bleed regime but I increased my estrogel two weeks ago so the bleeding is explainable) and the bloating is back. I have to wonder if I have undone something. I don't know WHAT was the factor that made the bloating eventually abate? Your comment about being off the progesterone for 5 weeks and still bloating makes me wonder if there's some other factor that we just haven't addressed.