Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Face and upper body heat  (Read 988 times)

Tindia

Face and upper body heat
« on: May 03, 2020, 07:48:05 PM »

Hello everyone, Im 52 and have been on estrogel and utrogestan sequential for 4 years, low dose and relatively happy so far. In the past few months I have had whole days where my face and upper body feel uncomfortably hot. I dont look bright red but do perspire and although it comes on quickly it doesnt fit with the classic hot flushes I read about. Its accompanied by anxiety - especially as I immediately think 'covid' which doesnt help. Ive upped my Estrogel to 2 pumps and wondered if anyone else can relate?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 07:58:41 PM by Tindia »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Face and upper body heat
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 08:07:07 PM »

hi - maybe put the HRT into the search box? Make notes ....

Tindia

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 08:12:32 PM »

Hi, sorry, I'm not sure what you mean?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 08:13:14 AM »

Morning.  Put the name of the product/s into the search box on the Forum and see which threads pop up.  Make notes.  I don't take HRT so can't advise about reactions etc..

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 01:32:48 PM »

I started on 2 pumps and am now on 3. I think it's common to need more as you progress from early peri into meno. Your symptoms scream Low Oestrogen to me not CV. Anxiety and insomnia were my worst symptoms.
My hot flushes aren't classic either, they only come on after the application of a heat source - hot drink, sitting by the fire etc so I didn't think they were flushes until they stopped when I went on hrt. It might be better to think of it as abnormal behaviour of the thermo regulatory system.

pamb

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 04:01:29 PM »

Hi Tindia

I think what you are describing are hot flushes.  I get them like this and occasionally I get a whole body flush but mostly it's my face that flushes the most.  The night sweats are whole body sweats though.  I'm getting wrist pain now and find that I can't grip my fingers as tightly as I used to.  It's worse during the night where my fingers just stiffen up totally and I have to force them into a grip. 

HRT did help my flushes and night sweats but when I came off it the flushes and night sweats where horrendous.  It's only now a year later that have they subsided.

pamb x