Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Testosterone  (Read 612 times)

alib43

• First Flush
Testosterone
« on: May 03, 2020, 12:20:07 PM »

Hi Ladies

Hope you are all coping with lockdowns.

A quick question re testosterone. I'm in peri and I have been using testosterone for a year now.  Two weeks ago I stopped using it as I thought it could be contributing to monthly acne.

Does anyone know how long it takes for testosterone levels to drop? My headaches neck/shoulder aches have started again and wondering whether the drop in testosterone level is the cause.

Many thanks
Ali

Hurdity

Re: Testosterone
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 08:33:52 AM »

Hi alib43

Systemic tesosterone levels fall fairly quickly - within a few days i think, as i recall, but some of the effects can take weeks or even months to alter due to cellular and other effects on bodily functions. After all I was told it can take up to 5 months to fully notice the difference when you start so it stands to reason that it can take some time also to reverese the changes.

However some changes may be more noticeable more quickly than others. Unfortunately I don't think there is sufficient research on this. If that is the only change you have made in the last two weeks then sounds like it could be but there are other factors eg diet and exercise as well. Also where are you in peri and what stage in your cycle are you?

I presume you are also taking oestrogen and a progestogen? It could also be down to changes in oestrogen levels if you are peri still? How much testosterone were you using and what brand?

That's probably not much help is it?! Anyway hope the aches and pains ease soon.

Hurdity x