Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Everol Sequi patches and continuous bleeding  (Read 737 times)

Shamo

Everol Sequi patches and continuous bleeding
« on: January 23, 2020, 09:27:11 AM »

Hello, I am a 47 peri menopausal lady , who has been on the Everol Sequi patch for nearly two years now . I am also taking cerazette for contraception ( I have queried this several times with health professionals and they say it's absolutely fine to be on both ).

My problem now is that I have been bleeding for 8 weeks straight. Is this normal as you get further into peri ? I am worried . Have been to see nurse who fobbed me off , now waiting to see doc , but no appointment for 4 weeks , ridiculous. Bleeding varies from moderate to light and back again. Sometimes red , sometimes dark brown .

Can anyone reassure me ?

I did have a biopsy about 4 months ago , before this bleeding started up , which came back normal.

I also must add that I have had a laporoscopic operation for a prolapse using the controversial mesh .

Nobody seems that be taking me seriously and am thinking of now seeing someone privately.
Thanks in advance.

X

Hurdity

Re: Everol Sequi patches and continuous bleeding
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 05:32:51 PM »

Hi Shamo

It is not normal to bleed for this long although abnormal and lengthy bleeding often happens in peri-menopause. I would have thought it less likely though if you are taking HRT as well as the mini pill as you are getting a lot of progesterone.

One possibility is bleeding due to atrophic endometrium (too thin due to too much prog) although you would need to be examined to determine the cause. Good idea to be checked out.

Have you thought of taking one of the contraceptive pills which are similar to HRT in that they contain estradiol (the same as in Evorel) - they may be better at controlling bleeding? As you are under 50 they are still a possibility. The two types are QLAIRA and ZOELY. Qlaira only has 2 tablet free days so you take oestrogen most of the time, with a progestogen I think on 22 of the days. Maybe worth a try so you wouldn't have to have two products?

In the meantime - yes get checked out by the doc and make that appointment. You may need a scan to see how thick your lining is? You should not need to see anyone privately about this if you have been bleeding for this long on this regime.

Hurdity x

Shamo

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 08:04:39 PM »

Hello Hurdity ,

Thank you so much for your response some time ago. I have since stopped taking cerazette, on the GP's advice that perhaps I was having too much progesterone,  and I only now bleed when I am using the Conti patches of my Sequi pack, the last two weeks of the month, which I believe is normal .
 I do however bleed extremely heavily for about 6 days and am concerned about this . I have to use both the super plus tampon and nighttime pad together and change every two hours minimum.Since I last wrote I have had a scan and check up and everything seems to be fine.

Why am I bleeding so heavily, and if it's the progesterone causing this will it continue while I am on this regime , for as long as I am using progesterone? How therefore will I know when I have reached menopause if I am still bleeding ???

I would be grateful for your advice please. There is no way I would be able to go on a sun holiday bleeding like this ( although with the current covid crisis there's no chance anyway !!)

Best wishes,

Sacha .

Nettie3070

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 02:02:39 PM »

Have you had a scan?...I had one monday for prolonged bleeding and I have a fibroid indenting on the lining causing the bleeding.Request your Dr sends you for one..you should get seen quickly.

Shamo

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 06:28:06 PM »

Hi Nettie, yes I had a scan about 2 months ago and all was apparently fine !

My period has just eased off today and I feel absolutely wiped out now !

Thanks for your response x