Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan query- side effects vag route  (Read 586 times)

shoppingqueen

Utrogestan query- side effects vag route
« on: May 01, 2020, 02:01:45 PM »

Hello everyone
I started Utrogestan and gel after long period on Femoston- I'm only a week or so in so know it's takes weeks to settle in and so far am ok. I'm post meno so doc said 100mg Utrogestan every day. I'm finding I'm feeling very bloated in tummy/ as if gaining weight.
I'm wondering about the vaginal route- is it likely I will reduce these side effects if I do this instead?
I'm prepped to do a month of this but then may decide to do 200mg vag route for half cycle as I actually prefer a period.
Any help be gratefully received 👍

Sammiejane

Re: Utrogestan query- side effects vag route
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 02:35:10 PM »

hi

how many pumps of gel are u on ?

shoppingqueen

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 06:34:51 PM »

Hi Sammijane
I'm on 2 pumps. I had previously for last 3 months having one pump as top up to Femoston as consultant did not think I was absorbing through poor gut function- also maybe become tolerant it's got a special word which I can't remember.
So decided to take plunge and drop Femoston so thought 2 pumps- doc said I can increase in future if needed xx what do you think?

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 08:24:05 PM »

If you're meno rather than peri (I assume you are as she's put you on conti) you could consider a long cycle with your doctor's agreement. You should have fewer side effects using it vaginally.

shoppingqueen

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 08:46:11 PM »

Thanks to you both 🙏 I?ll give it a go and see how it goes. I'm enjoying the help with sleep but the bloated tummy is uncomfortable so I?ll switch and see if it helps.
I've also heard about long cycle so will discuss with consultant when I next get a review 😁
Many many thanks xx