Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Panorama  (Read 1581 times)

Sparrow

Panorama
« on: April 27, 2020, 05:27:56 PM »

Panorama, on tonight.

All about how the government messed up the order and supply of PPE etc.,

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Panorama
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 06:05:07 PM »

Might be a tad embarrassing for them. 🤔  🤬

Two hoots

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 07:15:59 PM »

I hate this type of programme, why cant journalists say mistakes have been made, they have to find someone to blame.  Its easy to point the finger in hindsight, nobody knew this pandemic was going to happen. If tens of millions of items if ppe were stockpiled, then it would have been a waste of NHS money.

Sparrow

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 07:34:12 PM »

I think there's a bit more to it than that.  Apparently they have been ignoring warnings for years.

Two hoots

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 07:49:14 PM »

No other country has a NHS, if you need medical help you have to pay insurance in other countries.  All the press do is complain how poorly our medical services are run, we should all be proud.  If other countries have supply problems they probably dont highlight it like this country does.

Sparrow

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2020, 08:07:56 PM »

It's not strictly true that no other countries have an NHS.  The Canadian system is much the same as ours.  Germany, where I lived for two years,  was though work based insurance but at a low rate (not like the US), and in practice ran much the same as ours.  I believe France is similar.  The Scandinavian countries again is similar to ours.

Problems have to be called out when they occur, otherwise they don't get put right.

It's interesting to note that Canada has only had around 2,500 deaths, so far.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 08:22:14 PM by Shadyglade »