Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Can you take Vagifem any time of Day?  (Read 3037 times)

Lyncola

Can you take Vagifem any time of Day?
« on: April 27, 2020, 09:19:16 AM »

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if you can use Vagifem any time of day. I started March last year on Ovestin which you take before going to bed. In October when my atrophy started getting worse my doctor change me to Vagifem.
Had a flare up in January, did a reloading, I've noticed the last three weeks I started going backwards again so now I'm trying every second night, with the other nights using Ovestin externally. And I do use yes two times a day.

My question is can I use Vagifem in the morning? My husband asked me if I could, less interruptions with sex ;D

The joys of atrophy :( my husband also asked me and this is not the first time, how much longer do I need to take this medication? My answer 'the day I die?.
Don't get me wrong my husband is amazing, but they really don't understand menopause.

Joaniepat

Re: Can you take Vagifem any time of Day?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 10:16:24 AM »

Hi Lyncola,
Yes, you can use Vagifem in the mornings, it's what I do at the moment and it still works OK.
Which part of 'forever' doesn't your husband understand? 😂🤣
JP x

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 12:42:24 PM »

😂Stellajane..my thoughts exactly!  Lyncola anytime of day you can insert Vagifem.  Sounds like your VA might be starting to settle.  Vagifem made me much worse before finally relief.  I have been advised by the NP, that it is all the tissues and nerves being awakened and takes a very long time to get officially under control but you will get there.  (Raw dick....oh the visuals...)

Lyncola

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 06:20:41 AM »

Thanks for your reply's

My husband is amazing and lovely and I'm blessed to be with him, and he blessed to have me too ;D, but he doesn't listen to well, at times I can have a complete conversation with him. And the next day the same question ;D

Red raw dick ;D ;D

Avalon that's what's worry's me about taking Vagifem in the morning, I know at night when I go to bed I don't usually get up to pee until 3 in the morning, I go to bed early at 8.30pm so that's a long time for the medicine to sit there and even then I've never seen the tablet in the toilet.

I'm starting to go forward (better) again with the atrophy. I actually forgot to use yes in the morning because my virgina wasn't hurting. And I'm starting to have the virginal buzz (external virginal lips tingle) in the morning which is a good sign for me. Does anyone else get this?

And another question I never get any discharge anymore since my hysterectomy? I did with Ovestin but I think that was just excess Ovestin coming out? Is that normal? I do get stained kickers like a red/grey/black colour about once a month. I actually took my clean undies to my doctor and showed her, she said it was normal, just a show instead of having periods, does anyone else get this?

:bighug: everyone

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 08:16:28 AM »

Just ask him if he had a red raw dick how long he'd want to use medication to keep it at bay!

;D

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 08:19:04 AM »

Yes I take mine at any time of the day. When I am on the Utrogestan part of my HRT cycle (and I take this vaginally) then I put the Vagifem in in the morning approx 12 hours later. The Vagifem tablet is designed to stick to the vaginal wall but I guess it could come out if not stuck properly. I just make sure I don't jump about straight afterwards so that I hope it's well and truly stuck. Mine has never come out that I know of and I've had a few children too ....

Hurdity x