Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: different bleeding on utrogestan  (Read 544 times)

violetbat

different bleeding on utrogestan
« on: April 23, 2020, 03:27:39 PM »

I have been on the gel/utro regime since December. On the whole it is working well. However I have noticed that my periods are very different to how they were pre hot. When I started I was still having regular periods. I am 52 and I have 2 pumps of gel a day and use the utero 200mg Vaginally for 10 days.

Some months I have kind of dribble-like 'thin' bleeding for a week or so- much longer than my usual periods which were 3-4 days. It reminds me of the continuous trickly bleeding I had when I had the mirena- no light or heavy days just the same amount and colour of blood everyday until it just stops.
Last month it was really heavy with big clots though.
At the moment it is bright red, thin and trickly again. Should I adjust the utro? Am I taking too much?

I would be be really grateful to anyone who can explain the mechanics of what is happening :)

sheila99

Re: different bleeding on utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 09:46:19 PM »

I can't advise except to say the normal dose is 200mg for 12 days. If the last months was heavy either the lining had been building up but if you're peri it could be because of the hormones your body is producing. My bleeds are noticeably lighter the months I don't ovulate. It's early days yet though, perhaps see what happens over the next few months.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 09:48:07 PM by sheila99 »

violetbat

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 09:53:34 AM »

Thank you for replying.
I don't do very well on progesterone, even with my own. Before starting hrt the 2 weeks before my period became increasingly hellish with spots, bloating, cramps and mood swings. I could feel it in my body the day the progesterone was rising ; I would start getting an ache in my womb that lasted until my period was over.

I had the same ache all the time I had the mirena in until the constant increasing daily bleeding and pain became too much to tolerate.
I find 12 days almost impossible to stick to.
I can just about cope with 1o days although I find I start bleeding before hand.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 06:43:47 PM »

Hi violetbat. Sporry to hear about all the bleeds. It is doubtful that you are taking too much progesterone. If you are producing clots then it shows the lining needs to come away (ie may be quite thick?) and the progesterone is helping with that. If you were having regular periods then it is impossible to know what's going on as you start to enter peri-menopausae and ovulation becomes less frequent. The progesterone will ensure you bleed monthly even though without the hRT you might have skipped periods and should eventually help to stop very heavy bleeds maybe?

If it carries on being clotty and worryingly heavy then maybe time to revisit the Mirena coil as this does help, if you tolerate it well?

Hurdity x

violetbat

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 12:08:10 PM »

Thanks Hurdity
The mirena was an absolute nightmare from start to finish.
I guess since I have had a light bleed this month I should be prepared for a heavier one next month.
I am fed up with periods full stop now.
I'm sure most of us are though.
My periods on HRT are just so different to pre HRT x