Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Premenopausal periods  (Read 692 times)

Miss Sunshine

Premenopausal periods
« on: May 01, 2020, 12:55:31 PM »

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is well and coping with lockdown.  I know everyone's experience of periods is different but I'm often confused about what warrants a doctors appointment.   I am 50 and still having periods, usually  every 21 - 24 days and sometimes 28 days.  They are mostly fairly normal but slightly clotty.  My last period I noticed a little brownish stain on my underwear a day or 2 after it finished.  I think it was a day after sex but not sure.  I had a little brownish (like old blood) a few days on and off in the run up to my actual period.  These were just one offs, not the whole day.  Also a one off of clear mucus tinged with blood a few days before it started.  I am wondering if I should tell my doctor or does this seem normal.  The staining was not enough to even warrant an s.t.  and barely even a panty liner.  It was very scant.

I've been to my doctor with high bp and really don't want to waste any doctors time especially now.  I also don't want to be sent for unnecessary tests 'just incase'.  Opinions welcome just don't scare me lol.  Anxiety is very high.

Nettie3070

Re: Premenopausal periods
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 01:54:56 PM »

Hi lovely...to me it sounds maybe hormonal but it might be worth just calling your Dr and explaining over the phone to them..that will put your mind at rest otherwise, If your anything like me youll be constantly checking yourself ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 01:56:02 PM »

HI! I had this intermittently for years.  A few day after a period: which were always very heavy with huge clots ........ and very painful  :'(.  I would get brown stains and after I went into peri too. 

Is the bleed normal for you?  Black blood I would worry more about as that means it's hung around somewhere but a staining, nope.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 02:00:33 PM »

It sounds normal to me but I would just advise you to keep an eye out for any more staining or bleeding after sex. This is something that should be reported to your GP at any age. Are you up to date with your cervical smears?

Taz x

Miss Sunshine

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 02:04:41 PM »

Thanks everyone.  Something similar happened before but not regularly.  I'm up to date with smears.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 02:40:49 PM »

I had a polyp which bled on contact, it shrunk at peri.!