Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Struggling with hrt  (Read 583 times)

friend of lhasa apso

Struggling with hrt
« on: April 23, 2020, 03:41:40 PM »

Hi all , I need advice about whether I can just take oestrogen patch off .
To be honest, I'm not sure if I'm much better on it .The main reasons I've been taking has been for severe fatigue ,insomnia &low libido.
  I just take evorel 25 &utrogestan ,but utrogestan &other progesterone makes me feel awful . I thought patch was helping with sleep ,but insomnia back with vengence.
   I get so frustrated &angry with myself for being so lethargic ,just feel so useless at the moment .I want to be getting on with jobs I need to do ,but it takes me all day to do one thing . My anxiety was high last night ,mind going around like washing machine . I asked doc for some anti anxiety meds &they are reluctant to give me them . So I've been taking phenergan at night ,which helps a little for sleep ,but possibly contributing to lethargy, so around &around I go .
      Arrgh, sorry for the rant ,I know this is a hard time for everyone. I just feel I'm back to square one really .
    Any advice would be appreciated, thanks x

Hurdity

Re: Struggling with hrt
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 06:34:43 PM »

Sorry to hear about your ongoing symptoms. I think you are taking utrogestan all the time? If so I am sure one of us will have said that this can cause fatigue, tiredness, lethargy etc. Also of course it is a difficult time at the mo' so many will be lacking motivation with all the days merging together (depending on your job if you have one?). Also progesterone will also act to suppress libido too.

Unless you have endometriosis in which case you have to take progesterone every day , why not try to take HRT on a cycle ie intermittent progesterone. Also maybe ask to increase the oestrogen dose? I am sure we might have suggested this the other day as I remember commenting on your name! You would get a withdrawal bleed although shouldn't be much as your oestrogen dose is low.

You can just take the oestrogen patch off. You will probably experience a resumption of symptoms but if you also stop the progesterone you will undoubtedly feel better once it's cleared from your system so you won't know what's due to what! Why not stop the Utro for two weeks (16 days) and see how you go and then take the 12 days course and see how you get on. You can then talk to your doc about changing your prescription although it amounts to the same as you just double up for cyclical use. You would need a new psrescption for eg 37.5 or 50 mcg oestrogen though.

Good luck!

Hurdity x