Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nervous going from patches to gel tomorrow  (Read 1981 times)

Dandelion

Re: Nervous going from patches to gel tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2020, 10:41:59 PM »

The fact I need more gel than patches suggests I don't absorb the gel as well which then might mean my levels aren't so high?

I don't know about the research you say BUT something I don't do, is apply the gel above my waist as I was led to believe it shouldn't go near breasts x
I apply it on my outer arms and shoulders, some ladies on here say applying to thighs has led to poorer absorption.
Yeah don't apply near breasts or genital area.
I dunno why not but I keep reading not to apply near these areas so I stick to outer arms and shoulders.

Annie0710

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2020, 09:47:08 AM »

Hmm my patches were on thighs and so is my gel but now my gel is near vagina as I thought a bit of extra down there won't hurt with the old VA (on vagifem daily too but still so prone to UTIs)

it's all about what suits YOU, several ladies could all have differing opinions but go with how you feel on whatever method you choose,  as long as you are sensible which we know you are x

Perinowpost

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2020, 10:20:19 AM »

I have to say I prefer patches to gel, they've always given me better symptom control x

Dandelion

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2020, 11:43:33 AM »

Hmm my patches were on thighs and so is my gel but now my gel is near vagina as I thought a bit of extra down there won't hurt with the old VA (on vagifem daily too but still so prone to UTIs)

it's all about what suits YOU, several ladies could all have differing opinions but go with how you feel on whatever method you choose,  as long as you are sensible which we know you are x
hi I don't know why but you're not supposed to put gel near the vagina or the breasts.

Annie0710

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2020, 07:24:00 PM »

hi I don't know why but you're not supposed to put gel near the vagina or the breasts.

Omg really ???
I'm going to have to read up
Thank you x

Dandelion

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2020, 08:10:31 PM »

Omg really ???
I'm going to have to read up
Thank you x

Good idea reading up on it's a good idea.

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2020, 02:54:34 PM »

Hi, I'm on 2 pumps gel and 100mg utrogestan daily, I apply gel to outer arms. I have been on this regime for 7 months now at age 63. Also use Vagifem every three days for VA but maybe need more??

For a few mornings since last week I have woken up with hot flushes which seemed strange, but no more during day....and can't say I have ever felt like a new woman on this regime to be honest, still anxious and with aches and pains. I was also on one pump Tostran 2% gel every day but that seemed to give me more hairs on my face so I stopped that?? Not sure if I should have??
My gynae said I could increase to 3 pumps Oestrogel if I wanted, but still never know if am absorbing enough??

I would like to try a patch equivalent when they are available, anyone know which patch is equivalent to the gel/utrogestan regime please? He did suggest FemSeven conti, anyone used this and had good things to say about it?
Thank you, stay safe out there xxx.
Pages: 1 [2]