Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Alternative to utrogestan ,anyone ?  (Read 2420 times)

friend of lhasa apso

Alternative to utrogestan ,anyone ?
« on: April 07, 2020, 05:06:11 PM »

Dear all,
       So this time only lasted 8 days on oral utrogestan &evokes 25mcg patch.
I'm fine on evorel only days ,but feel really unwell on utro with nausea tearful & bad fatigue .
      Just wanting to know if anyone on a sequi patch ,that doesn't make them feel awful .
        Advice appreciated, thanks ☺

Hurdity

Re: Alternative to utrogestan ,anyone ?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 07:18:38 PM »

Hi friend with long and unusual name! Is that a character from fiction or something?! Or somewhere exotic? Always intrigued me!

Anyway the only patch on the market at the moment is Evorel sequi which is coming back on the market soon, if you haven't already tried it. However this is 50 mcg. In the meantime if you want to try it, and if you have lots of Evorel 50 patches then you could ask for your doc to prescribe Evorel conti and take two weeks of Evorel 50 followed by 2 weeks of Evorel conti, which is what Evorel sequi comprises. Not sure whether the half Evorel conti patch would be sufficient for the 25 mcg Evorel 25 but off licence your doc might be happy with this?

Hurdity x

friend of lhasa apso

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 02:29:05 PM »

Thanks for replying Stella Jane &Hurdity☺ . I've tried all sorts ! Mostly combined sequi patches, Fem7& evorel 50.
  I thought I'd try utrogestan after reading a lot of ladies take it on here &that it's supposed to be safer &more natural .
    On other patches I got pmt like symptoms &bloating ,but may have been due to patch position .The bloating isn't so bad now I put patch on thigh instead of lower stomach.
    Trying to get this sorted is so frustrating! But I need oestrogen for sleep mood &energy .
     I'm going to phone a pharmacist for advice ;feel a bit guilty at moment with the virus situation going on ,but need alternative to utrogestan.
    The name Lhasa apso comes from the breed of our little dog . (It's from Tibet &means lion dog in English )

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 02:37:33 PM »

Hi Provera is an alternative to utrogestan x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 08:12:18 AM »

'soon' means what exactly  :-\

Did U ring your GP?

friend of lhasa apso

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 10:24:38 PM »

Hi ,I spoke to pharmacist who said that there aren't any other type of patches available for my needs at present .
I will have to soldier on with utrogestan .
Haven't phoned my doc yet ,but will try in next couple of days, even just to check if she agrees for me to administer it vaginally as I know some ladies do .
  I don't want to take the tablets as they gave me nausea. However ,not sure if I can cope with feeling so rough again on utro as I did last month a?arghh!

Dotty

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 07:21:37 AM »

Hi you could use Provera instead of Utrogestan x

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 08:26:31 AM »

Like I said before Evorel 50 and Evorel conti patches are available if you can get them so are the same as Evorel sequi with two weeks of each, despite what the pharmacist says, and you should be able to get hold of these somewhere if you want to try them? You don't need to say to the doc about vaginal use as doc may not be familiar with its use this way, but it is manufactured for either vaginal or oral use. I did a post on this quoting the french info. I have only ever used it vagonally being nil-by-mouth gal when it comes to HRT, as being the most natural way to get it into your system. As well as Provera there is a Mirena coil too. Good luck :)

Hurdity x