Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Anybody on high oestrogen dose?  (Read 1157 times)

Bobidy

Anybody on high oestrogen dose?
« on: April 18, 2020, 01:19:02 AM »

Hi

I'm just wondering if anybody is on high oestrogen doses, what age you are, and what hrt you use?

I'm mid 40s and on 6 pumps of estrogel, but symptoms are creeping in again which is really annoying!

I don't know if it's my post hysterectomy ovaries finally dwindling, whether I'm just not absorbing the gel very well on thighs, or whether I need to increase the dose again which I'm nervous about doing.

I'd like to use the patches again but as we all know they are like hens teeth. I'm also interested in Lenzetto spray as the volume of 6 pumps are such a faff to apply.

Any advice gratefully received x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anybody on high oestrogen dose?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 09:52:07 AM »

Morning.  Can't help with HRT but didn't want to cut and run.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 11:13:59 AM »

It does sound as though you don't absorb gel very well. Did you have the same problem with patches or have you not tried them yet? There is someone (can't remember who) who has an implant because of this but that will need a meno clinic so not an immediate option. Might be worth asking for a blood test to check your level? I know the nhs don't normally do it but it'll tell you definitively if you're not absorbing it.

Bobidy

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 11:32:36 AM »

Hi, yes I tried 100 patches plus 2 pumps of gel which seemed ok. Difficult to gauge properly as patches were unavailable again 2 months later.

I'm loathed to say it's the gel in the new style bottle because that just seems ridiculous, but I was doing great on the old style Estrogel bottle.

I've also never tried applying on arms/shoulders as I've tried to avoid anything near the breast area, but might give that a go, although 6 pumps is going to be a lot!

Tc

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 11:59:11 AM »

Bobidy. I absorbed better from sandrena gel. Under meno clinic  I was on 3mg which is an off license dose but I got my levels up for the first time which I didnt on 6 pumps eastrogel.

It's a bit sticky but less volume to rub in too. The sachets are tiny.

Xxx

Salad

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 12:04:10 PM »

My prescription is Estradot 200mcg patches, three times weekly.
I'm currently on 150 mcg, but going up to 175 mcg as I've got some low oestrogen symptoms. 

I find my levels are more consistent using patches.

Mary G

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2020, 12:04:38 PM »

I needed very high doses of oestrogen to keep symptoms away when I was younger.   I found patches to be ineffectual (very low blood levels of oestrogen) but 3 pumps of Oestrogel was brilliant and completely eradicated all symptoms.  I needed to be somewhere in the 800s to feel good.

Now aged 58, things have moved on and I am symptom free on 1 pump of gel and blood levels of 270-300 pmol.

From my experience, it seems that once you have been post menopause for a number of years, it is possible to reduce the oestrogen and move to a maintenance dose of HRT for life to keep things well oiled!

« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 12:21:47 PM by Mary G »

Bobidy

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2020, 12:47:00 PM »

Thanks everyone x

Sammiejane

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2020, 11:45:45 PM »

hi salad

have you experienced hair shedding on estradot patches and do you combine with progesterone

it's the patch im going on to if my current regime dosent work

KBallinger

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2020, 12:05:22 AM »

Bobidy I'm on 200mcg 2x100 estrodot Which gives me 700-800 Pmo/l don't know what I'm going to do when I run out as I never absorbed the gel!

Sammiejane I lost 50% of my hair on estrodot and Mirena but estrodot on its own for 3 months and with cyclical Utrogestan it stopped. Now on Jaydes and losing some but not as much as Mirena. Can't wait to have it removed not because of hair just all the other side affects. X

Salad

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2020, 01:56:21 PM »

hi salad

have you experienced hair shedding on estradot patches and do you combine with progesterone

it's the patch im going on to if my current regime dosent work
Hi
I've not noticed any hair shedding related to the Estradot, although I do take a supplement called Biotin that helps with that.
I'm Oestrogen only as I've had a hysterectomy - it must be a nightmare juggling Progesterone too  ::)