Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Apathy , disaffected? Mental health question  (Read 3021 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Apathy , disaffected? Mental health question
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2020, 07:13:18 PM »

I miss Wales  :'( ..... was lucky enough to live near the coast and 20 mins. from mountains ...... scenery, bilberries, red kites, silence.

Sophie Jane

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2020, 07:46:40 AM »

Hi Bring Me Sunshine, you?re absolutely right, a sense of humour will get you through most things!

Have you heard of Acceptance and Commitment therapy (I know it sounds a bit hippy!) but I only know about it through CBT as it's a strand of it, it helps you to engage with positive behaviours, even when you have negative thoughts and emotions. it's designed for treatment-resistant conditions (if that's indeed what you have.. the psychiatrist you saw sounds a bit hopeless!)

Will look forward to seeing you on Match of the Day.. move over Gary Lineker!

🙂🙂

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2020, 05:54:50 PM »

Yep.  Silver Jubilee Walk: renamed in later years. 

Details - though this is closed due to current restrictions

In 1999, Bwlch Nant yr Arian became a red kite feeding station as part of a programme to protect the small number of red kites in the area at that time.

Nowadays, the red kites are fed by the lake every day at 2pm in winter (GMT) and at 3pm in summer (BST).

The Barcud Trail (an easy access route around the lake) and the caf? offer fantastic views of this spectacle. There is also a bird hide overlooking the feeding area.

You can expect to see as many as 150 kites coming in to feed ? there are often more during winter months. They are mostly local birds and they come to feed from within a 10 mile radius.

I don't think there's a need to feed them now, they are common across the middle of the UK.  I have them over here and still stop to watch.  The 1 person who used to feed locally died 2 years ago so the kite population will even out.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 05:58:00 PM by CLKD »

Sophie Jane

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2020, 09:35:46 PM »

They are so beautiful aren't they. There is a Red Kite feeding centre in Rhayader (quite close to where I live) but I'm lucky enough to see them most days on my walks!

Jeepers

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2020, 06:38:26 AM »

We have loads of Red Kites here in South Oxfordshire, see them every time I go for a walk, they are still impressive though

Jeepers xx
Pages: 1 [2]