Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Post Menopause  (Read 1348 times)

Bluebell

Post Menopause
« on: April 17, 2020, 06:39:59 PM »

Hi ladies, looking for some reassurances once again. I'm now 66years and have been post menopausal for 7 years. One of my major symptoms has been irregular heart beat/ flutters/ palpitations. I'm not on HRT and haven't been on it. I thought my flushes were getting less and was hoping the end was in sight.
However they are as bad as ever and the night sweats too. I get the flutters/palpitations randomly it can be two weeks four weeks every week 🤷🏼‍♀️. I take a beta blocker to help me cope with them when they start.
I've been checked out withe ecg's and worn a holter.
The strange thing is when the start up I can feel them behind my gall bladder scar beneath my right rib cage. The Doctor sent me for a scan and nothing showed up. I had my gall bladder out 22years ago?
But I'm always aware of that area when the flutters/palpitations start up. Does anyone else have anything like this?  Has anyone else had the heart fluttering for this long? And does anyone else still have hot flushes after seven years of being post menopausal? I have a good diet with only one glass of red wine with my meal. I take magnesium and b vitamins also cod liver oil with vitamin d. I exercise daily.  I just don't see an end to this and wish years ago that I had gone on HRT. Would love to hear from anyone in a similar position. 🤯 x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Post Menopause
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 07:35:23 PM »

I have taken a beta-blocka for years every night. 

Bluebell

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 07:51:49 PM »

Thanks stellajane, I tried HRT three years ago but it gave me terrible anxiety. My Doctor at the time was really into HRT and she was happy to prescribe different types until I found something suitable. Unfortunately I decided against it and she's now left and my new Doctor said weighing everything up she would advise against it. Thanks for replying. x

Hi CLKD, do you take beta blockers for palpitations and are you post menopausal too?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 08:42:52 PM »

I've never had palpitations but was given it to prevent early morning anxiety surges.  In 2002.  I stopped taking it recently due to back ground headaches.  My last period was years++ ago, mid 2020 I think  :-\

Machair

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 01:06:48 PM »

Hi Bluebell- you are like me last period at 59!

The palpitations could be the wine - I love red wine but it sets mine off as does sugar and too much coffee. Could you try to omit the wine - maybe have it every other day but add in a glass of water instead. You might find this helps the problem.xx