Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Test results  (Read 1917 times)

Hurdity

Re: Test results
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2020, 08:20:14 AM »

Hi Tinacros - the doses of synthetic progesterones cannot be compared either with each other or with utrogestan, which is bio-identical progesterone. The dose is determined by how long they last in the body and the dose needed to protect the endometrium. Yes you may find utrogestan is too much but worth a try? Taken vaginally there are fewer side effects. Yes good idea to go for trandermal if you think you have problems absorbing the tablet. It doesn't matter if you don't bleed on the sequential HRT. If your womb lining is kept thin enough consistently not to bleed then that is a dign that you could go for a longer cycle, although this is tricky with combi packs of tablets! If you had the choice it would be better to go for a longer cycle (eg an extra week of Femoston 1 mg before starting the Femoston/Dydrogesterone tabs) than adding oestrogen to your current Femoston, despite Mary G's experience. This goes against medical advice and is no guanrantee that your womb would also behave like this. Good that your womb lining is OK on your current regime Tinacros but adding oestrogen could well mean the lining would grow like I said.

Sounds like the oestrogel and utrogestan combo might work, but don't rule out taking the utrogestan cyclically if you find the side effects too much.

All the best and hope you manage to find a regime that suits you :)

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2020, 08:23:30 AM »

Sammiejane - does one require progesterone after hysterectomy  :-\ - strange that your comment has been missed  :-\  :-\

My Gynae refuses to do blood tests.  He prescribes on symptoms because hormones alter all the while all day/night long  ::)

How do you feel over all Tinacross, do you keep a mood/food/syptom diary?

Sammiejane

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2020, 02:41:48 PM »

hi CLKD

i was unable to tolerate estrogel on its own i was irratic suicidal mood swings anger weight gain bloated constipated hairloss so i thought i'd try with progesterone as patches not available and have been doing ok 10 weeks now but just getting this watery discharge and have noticed my scalp a little irritated so unsure if it's something in the gel but has defo help mood i tried doing every other night but dampness still their and the days i didn't have progesterone could feel aniexty and a few flushes so i upped time 2.5 pumps instead continuing on 100mg but watery discharge still there and the increase estrogen i have a slight more panick feeling x so i?m not sure i?f the gel is given me issues in vagina as it treats vaginal dryness to as well as menopause symtoms as whether it making me to wet i also get bladder irritation day after using ovestin which i?m not sure if progesterone is aggravating it i take utro orally so i think i may need a change because i shouldn't feel like i did on estrogen alone and your right no medical need for me to take progesterone it's such a mine field of i could find an estrogen that didn't cause hair shedding and the wetness down below i feel great but i take two steps forward and then the longer i take a regime the more side effects crop up x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2020, 04:03:48 PM »

That's good!  anything that gives relieve is important.

It's The Change - does what it says on the tin  >:(
Pages: 1 [2]