Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Vagifem 10 mcg - frequency?  (Read 706 times)

EmmCee

• First Flush
Vagifem 10 mcg - frequency?
« on: April 16, 2020, 03:18:00 PM »

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, I'm still exploring the forum, sorry if this is a duplicate post!

I don't think I did my first fortnight of Vagifem correctly. I think I just did about 5-7 days continuous and then lost count as a life event got in the way and have just been using it once every few days, but I'm still quite dry down below. Will it do any harm to restart the two week nightly dose or can you overdo it?

Thanks!  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vagifem 10 mcg - frequency?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 04:06:40 PM »

Hi!  we have several threads about vaginal atrophy.  Do a reload, i.e. every night for 2 weeks then see how you go.  The idea is to insert every 3rd and 5/6th nights but some ladies need to use it every night.

Have a look-see at 'sylc' and 'yes' products - put them into the search box here and see what pops up.  Make notes  ;)

:welcomemm:

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 05:33:32 PM »

Emcee yes you can reload.  I use Vagifem daily and GP is quite happy prescribing on that basis.  Many of us need it daily or alternate days so keep it up.  You really need to stick with the vagifem as VA only gets worse and gets harder to get under control.  Please keep in mind that vagifem takes a very long time to work.  My GP says it can take up to a year before 80 to 90% better.  Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 06:07:31 PM »

Do the two week reload, i have to use Vagifem every day and do try and keep it up as VA gets worse and harder to treat the longer you leave it.

EmmCee

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 11:02:50 PM »

Thanks all, I didn't realise it could take so long to take effect, that's really useful to know, I?ll stick with it!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 09:45:03 AM »

It's about keeping the area supple.  So that it doesn't get dry and tight = itching and soreness  :-\