Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: headaches with utrogestan 100 and estradot 25mb - new to HRT, is this normal?!  (Read 1822 times)

Hurdity

Hi Emm225. They are manufactured to be used either vaginally or orally and much higher doses are used (and licensed in UK) vaginally for fertility. I htink it's 600 mg per day. It's just an anomaly that they are not licesned to be used vaginally in UK for HRT. I've just said this on another thread. I did a post on this which I think I will now bump as you're the second person! Good luck :)

Hurdity x

Emm225

Thank you, I will have a look.  I do feel tired on it, am glad I am working from home at the moment as not sure I could stand a full travel and work day!

Emm225

just had a quick look...to be honest my doctor hasn't really discussed it with me, just gave me a prescription. I am not sure even if I am supposed to take a break...think I need to talk to her.  I haven't had periods for years as had the Mirena in, and not had one since it was removed for medical reasons (unexplained spotting and bleeding)  Had various scans etc and womb lining is thin, and haven't had any sort of show since it was removed before xmas

Emm225

Stupid question re the taking the tablet vaginally, as it were, do you have a special tablet inserter as it were ...I know I have had tablets to be taken like this before and they come with a little syringe type thing to make sure they "go up" properly!

Babibell

So I've not taken my uterogestan for 3 nights and I feel like a fog been lifted! I thought I'd take a small break then try vaginally and maybe less days ..cut the estrogel to 2.5 too as I was worried. Hope anxiety doesn't come back but time will tell.

Hurdity

Stupid question re the taking the tablet vaginally, as it were, do you have a special tablet inserter as it were ...I know I have had tablets to be taken like this before and they come with a little syringe type thing to make sure they "go up" properly!

No just poke 'em up as far as they go with your fingers!

Hurdity x

Emm225

Pages: 1 [2]