Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Coming off Estrogel - tender bits!! Should I quit cold turkey  (Read 1086 times)

Suzysheb

Hello ladies I've been on Oestrogel for almost 3 weeks. I'm suddenly having really tender breasts and down below feels so sore and tender I'm in agony. Help I want to come off it. Should I just stop Please please help me. Thank you xxx

Joaniepat

Re: Coming off Estrogel - tender bits!! Should I quit cold turkey
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 09:22:00 AM »

Hello ladies I've been on Oestrogel for almost 3 weeks. I'm suddenly having really tender breasts and down below feels so sore and tender I'm in agony. Help I want to come off it. Should I just stop Please please help me. Thank you xxx
I think you need to give it a bit longer to settle down, at least a couple of months. As to "down below", vaginal atrophy generally needs separate, localised treatment. Ask your GP to prescribe Vagifem or Ovestin. VA can take a long time to improve and stopping the systemic treatment will not help things. You may find one of the Yes brand vaginal moisturisers will help sooth the symptoms of VA, but first and foremost local oestrogen treatment is needed.

JP x

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 09:38:42 AM »

You could reduce oestrogel and work back up gradually if you're finding it difficult. How many pumps are you on? HRT isn't causing your VA, agree you need topical oestrogen for that.

Anaise

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 04:03:44 PM »

I went cold turkey and knocked it on the head, it didn't agree with me at all far too many side effects. :(

Sammiejane

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2020, 10:27:31 PM »

hi i to am on estrogel

and i also use ovestin for Va but i have to say i have wondered for a long time i'd estrogel does have effect down there as if you go on there website it states that estrogel is intended for moderate to sever e menopausal symtoms but also moderate to server VA but i've been getting sore down there burning sensation on and off and water sticky discharge infact heavy discharge bladder irritation and have been using yesr and half but i had wondered this when i started hrt i didn't believe i had VA because my only symtom was watery discharge no pain with sex no uti no bladder irritation but now since starting hrt i have these symtoms plus weight gain hairloss moss swings to the point i've had to add progesterone in to balance things even though had hysterectomy x if it started since starting estrogel then i would say it's that x

Suzysheb

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 10:08:50 AM »

Thank you Sammie Jane. Your symptoms sound exactly like mine. I'm thinking of stopping but scared now if things will get worse or go back? As it's only been just over 3 weeks I'm hoping I can get away with it!! Hope you feel better soon too x

Suzysheb

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2020, 10:13:11 AM »

Thank you all not sure how to reply to you individually? Anaise how long had you been on it before you came off and how did you feel?
Thank you x

Kathleen

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2020, 03:40:21 PM »

Hello Suzysheb

When I stopped using Oestrogel I gradually reduced my dose with no ill effects. I think other ladies have stopped suddenly and hopefully some of them will be along soon.

Incidentally I was also using Utrogestan and found that my sore breasts problem resolved about two weeks after I stopped taking it. If by any chance you are taking progesterone this could be causing your issues.

Wishing you well.

K.