Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Please help..just one more question before I take tonights meds  (Read 572 times)

Nettie3070

Is it the progesterone that makes you bleed or the oestrogen..a few days into a bleed as forgot tablet on conti (2 pumps gel and 100mg utrogestan).Want to go sequential from now on but do I start with oestrogen only or utrogestan as Im now bleeding..So confused. Please help
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 07:36:50 PM by Nettie3070 »

Hurdity

Re: Please help..just one more question before I take tonights meds
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 07:42:04 PM »

If you forgot the tablet and didn't start taking it again then carry on with just the oestrogen and on day 15 start the progesterone and take it for 12-14 days. After that if you are post-meno then you can start the utrogestan on the same date of each calendar month to give a monthyl bleed. If you are still very much peri then stick to a 4 week ( 28 day cycle). Day 1 is the start of the bleed ( irrespective of the date).

Progesterone changes the structure of the womb lining that has been stimulated by oestrogen ( ready for fertilised egg). If the progresterone level falls the lining breaks down because no egg implnatation, and is shed as a period/withdrawal bleed. HRT mimics the natural cycle in this way.

There can be abnormal bleeding from too much oestrogen (lining too thick), too much progesterone (lining too thin) and other reasons but with the HRT bleed it is the addition and then withdrawal of progesterone that causes the intended bleed. Other types of bleed are termed abnormal.

Hope this helps :)

Hurdity x

Nettie3070

Re: Please help..just one more question before I take tonights meds
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 07:54:45 PM »

Thankyou Hurdity..your so knowledgable and reassuring..Im several days into a bleed and have been messing..no utro for a couple of nights then last 2 nights 200mgs..all over the place..so what should i do tonight..?