Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Mirena coil back pain  (Read 3263 times)

Jaq69

Mirena coil back pain
« on: April 14, 2020, 07:23:44 AM »

Hi
Hoping someone out there can help me out here.. had the mirena coil fitted for 3 months, having alongside oestrogen patches... I started getting shooting stabbing pains in my left side which would go down inside my hip and leg..so was sent for internal and scan to make sure it was in place, which it is... however I'm now in agony with lower back pain aswell! Not sure if it's coil causing it or if I've injured my back? Constant pain relief needed  :'(
With current climate trying to wait to go to docs again.. all bloods came back normal.. any advice out there?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 07:48:17 AM by Jaq69 »

Tc

Re: Mirena coil back pain
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 07:49:06 AM »

Jaq69. I had mirena fitted in January. I had back and leg pains for weeks after.  Which have mostly gone now.

Its reassuring to have had the scan and know it's in place.  But iobvs you are in pain.

I have found mirena has caused my already sensitive bladder to play up.  I often have dull ache from that and that can radiate to back.
Are your waterworks o.k. ?

. Do you remember doing anything which might have pulled something?  Did you just wake up with it? If the pain is still going down leg could it be sciatica?

Are you able to take ibuprofen?  It might be better for inflammation.  The gel you rub in is good too.

Hope it eases soon. Xxx

Jaq69

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 08:03:31 AM »

Hi
Thanks for reply... at least I know something else has suffered back pain.. waterworks seem fine and don't think I've caused an injury.. kind of woke up with it, however been doing more yoga to help with fitness in these surreal times 🤦‍♀️.. so maybe I have?
Did you bleed heavily first few weeks? Mines calming down now ... pains at first were linked with the bleeding but constant at mo? Reassuring to hear it should hopefully ease off  :)

Jaq69

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 08:05:50 AM »

Hi
Thanks for reply... at least I know something else has suffered back pain.. waterworks seem fine and don't think I've caused an injury.. kind of woke up with it, however been doing more yoga to help with fitness in these surreal times 🤦‍♀️.. so maybe I have?
Did you bleed heavily first few weeks? Mines calming down now ... pains at first were linked with the bleeding but constant at mo? Reassuring to hear it should hopefully ease off  :)
Jaq69. I had mirena fitted in January. I had back and leg pains for weeks after.  Which have mostly gone now.

Its reassuring to have had the scan and know it's in place.  But iobvs you are in pain.

I have found mirena has caused my already sensitive bladder to play up.  I often have dull ache from that and that can radiate to back.
Are your waterworks o.k. ?

. Do you remember doing anything which might have pulled something?  Did you just wake up with it? If the pain is still going down leg could it be sciatica?

Are you able to take ibuprofen?  It might be better for inflammation.  The gel you rub in is good too.

Hope it eases soon. Xxx

Tc

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 10:29:04 AM »

Jaq. I bled every day for about 7 to 8 weeks. Not heavily. And yes. The period type pain was awful for the first few weeks. That has eased now and I'm not bleeding at all.  But I believe it's not unusual to bleed for the first 6 months.

The first couple of months it felt like my womb was trying to reject it. But it seems to have settled more now.

I wish your back better. Xx

nicky_boo

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 02:09:30 PM »

Hi Jaq69,
I also had Mirena fitted 3 months ago. I suffered from lower back pain after it got fitted for a while. It was strong but I cannot describe it as shooting or stabbing pain, more like joint ache. Heping my 6 year old in the bath was agony.
Not sure if you were on HRT before Mirena. I was. What I find now is I need more oestrogen. I was settled on HRT, but Mirena upset the balance.
Hope you will feel better soon.
Nicky_boo