Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi Dose  (Read 816 times)

Apricot340

• First Flush
Evorel Sequi Dose
« on: April 14, 2020, 06:57:06 AM »

I've got premature ovarian failure, so am quite young (39) I've been on Evorel for over 18 months now.
I started on Evorel Sequi, then in January after an appointment with my consultant I was told I needed to add in more Estrogen as my levels were too low for my age.  So as well as the Evorel Sequi I've also been using 50 patches as well, making a dose of 100 of Estrogen and then the estrogen+progesterone patches half the month with an additional oestrogen patch.

Initially I thought it was great - I no longer have any form of flush, symptoms of VA I was suffering have reversed, and anxiety levels have also dropped. I got a bit of drive (sex and energy) back too.  But I now start spotting after a week on the progesterone, and continue bleeding for 2+ weeks.  I also seem to get some cramps in my ovaries.

With the virus situation the change of a GP appointment any time soon is slim, and I'm not seeing my consultant until September.

I just wonder if anyone here is on a similar regime, or has any advice.

Thanks!

nicky_boo

Re: Evorel Sequi Dose
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 02:20:48 PM »

Hi Apricot340,
Your symptoms sound like body's reaction to excess oestrogen. It may settle however, if it is bothering you too much, it may be an idea to cut the 50mg additional patch into 2 for a bit (for a month or so) and then increase it so your body has time to get better used to this gradual increase of oestrogen.
Good luck!
nicky_boo