Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: So confused what to do😢  (Read 849 times)

Nettie3070

So confused what to do😢
« on: April 13, 2020, 07:12:34 PM »

Again I missed a utrogestan 100mg and began some brown spotting.I then started a bleed and decided to stop the utrogestan for week yo allow the bleed to settle, continuing with 2 pumps of oestrogel daily. The bleed is heavy with clots, have started taking tranxemic acid to stop it..been 4 days of heavy bleeding.I think its either to do with the missed utrogestan or perhaps still in perimenopause. My question really is how to manage my hrt now..shoukd i start continuous hrt after a weeks break or try a sequential regime for a while or perhaps look at an alternative hrt regime..please help..cant get an appt fork weeks with my GP..just need a direction to follow.Im 49 xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: So confused what to do😢
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 07:13:29 PM »

I have no idea  :hug:

Maybe look on the leaflets in the boxes or put the product names into the search box and see what pops up.  Make notes ;-)

Mogster71

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 07:22:43 PM »

Hi honey, oh bless you, you sound so worried. Have you got any late night pharmacies open near you? A bit of an ask on a BH Monday but if you are in a big city it's a possibility. They should be able to confirm what to take and when on your current regime. If you need to change it you will need to see your GP but perhaps could get a telephone consultation before so you can make a start next time?

Places will be open to speak to tomorrow anyway if you can't get through - or you could post in the utrogestan support thread? x

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 08:10:16 PM »

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will reply, but if it was me I would try sequi. The reasoning for this is that your lining may be building up as the bleed has been heavy with clots. If you're peri you should be sequi anyway. I'm late peri and find the ovulating cycles have a normal bleed but on a non-ovulating one it's very light. I suspect the 100mg is sufficient for meno but probably not for peri.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 08:14:58 AM »

Hi nettle 3070

I agree with sheila99. I would change to a cyclical regime and then the bleeding will be more predictable. Some of us continue with this even when well post-meno and into 60's. YOu would need to take 200 mg utrogestan for 12 days per cycle (28 day or stretching to monthly maybe). At some point you can talk to your doc but as this is a licensed regime no problem with switching.

However if you are worried about the heavy bleeding then talk to your doctor sooner rather than later. It depends where you were in memnopause when you started the continuois regime and how long you have been on it? If in early stages then bleeding is expected for up to 6 months. As sheila99 said you might still be peri in which case it is also completely normal (with the caveat that you talk to your doc if you are worried).

Hurdity x