Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Evorel conti and bleeding  (Read 923 times)

shrosphirelass

Evorel conti and bleeding
« on: April 09, 2020, 10:19:58 AM »

I changed over from sequi to conti about 6 weeks ago. After about 3 weeks I had an extremely heavy bleed then it finally stopped. Two weeks later I am now having very light constant bleeding / spotting (10 days now) I know it can take time to settle, but never experienced this on sequi and the conti part is the same. Any one had any similar expereinces?

Hurdity

Re: Evorel conti and bleeding
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 07:51:06 PM »

Yes you just have to give it time to settle. The initial heavy bleed you had might have been because the sequi wasn't keeping your lining very thin so that came away when you took more progesterone by continuing the conti? Eventually hopefully your body will adjust and the bleeding will stop. However do keep an eye on it and if you are worried and if it doesn't settle then consult your doc.

Have you had fibroids or endometriosis in the past or maybe you have a polyp? These can also lead to continued bleeding if it doesn't settle.

I agree it is very annoying to have continual bleeding so hope it all calms down for you soon.

Hurdity x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 12:39:34 PM »

Thanks Hurdity. No I haven't had any issues. I had a scan late December and the lining was 4mm, so fine, so don't know what the issue is. Hopefuuly it settlea. The bleeding is also accompanied by cramps, not severe, but noticeable.

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 06:22:09 PM »

Thanks Hurdity. No I haven't had any issues. I had a scan late December and the lining was 4mm, so fine, so don't know what the issue is. Hopefuuly it settlea. The bleeding is also accompanied by cramps, not severe, but noticeable.

You might like to read the reply which I have just written to Sparkler  https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,47661.0.html

I have had pretty regular light bleeding with Evorel Conti for 6 months. Mine sometimes comes with cramping.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 03:42:33 PM »

Thanks Katejo, we've spoken about scans in the past. Did you have continuous light bleeding or did it come and go? Mines continuous atm.

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 05:17:04 PM »

Thanks Katejo, we've spoken about scans in the past. Did you have continuous light bleeding or did it come and go? Mines continuous atm.
Mine is just like a regular period but lighter. Lasts about 8 days but light throughout. Often no pad needed during the night. Just a dribble during the day.  Then nothing until the next month. First one was heavier. Hoping I won't get one this month or that it is reduced again.

If I do get bleeding this month, I am wondering whether to suspend use of Evorel Conti as a precaution because of  not being able to get the biopsy done .
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 01:29:06 AM by Katejo »