Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Dialators  (Read 1008 times)

misskh

Dialators
« on: April 09, 2020, 04:11:08 PM »

I've not had intercourse with Hubby for years and I'm not ready to give up yet..

I'm now using Vagifem and estirol cream..
Have bought some YES products but things are still tight and I end up with UTIs.

I've seen some dialators on another menopause forum...not cheap but do sound a good type.
Has anyone been sucsessful with using dialators or is it a waste of money?
May thanks in advance.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Dialators
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 04:57:50 PM »

Firstly - do you take a fresh urine sample to the GP and is it sent away to a Lab. for testing?  Vaginal atrophy mimics urine infection-type symptoms really really well  >:(

Use the 'vagifem' every night.  For months.  It is such a low dose that some find they need two at once sometimes to ease symptoms.

:vibe:  go 4 it ;-)

misskh

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 06:22:30 PM »

Thanks you...

Yes samples are sent away to be tested..

I've been using Vagifem for 6 months now but only twice a week, the cream externally twice a week and YES products as and when...which seems to help with that awful burning and swinging feeling..

My Dr recommended a reload twice a year to keep on top of things. 

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 06:31:49 PM »

Your GP hasn't a clue quite frankly  >:(  ::).  One has to treat according to how the vagina feels not on the advice of what a GP might think you require ......... so if the dose isn't easing symptoms use more?  Have you read the vaginal atrophy threads ........

Do the samples come back as having grown any bugs .........

misskh

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 07:40:36 PM »

The last few did...and antibiotics saw to it...

I had what I thought was another UTI in Febuary,
I took a sample in and was given antibiotics but thought I'd try alternating estirol cream, YES moisturiser and Multi gyn gel daily to see what happened knowing the antibiotics were there if needed.
Rather strange as after a few days it started to ease and eventually cleared up and I didn't need the antibiotics and they're still in the cupboard...

This has made me wonder if it was a case of very dry vaginal problems...thinning skin and causing 'chaffing'
I definitely feel like my vagina is getting smaller though...

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 07:45:12 PM »

Get yourself a toy ;-). It won't do any harm.

Up the 'vagifem' for 2 weeks ....... and read the VA threads ;-)

Let us know how you get on.

suzysunday

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2020, 03:41:56 PM »

Sounds like you need to increase the local hrt, it can take a long time to feel ok down there.  I was given dilators from the gynaecologist at my hospital when I was seeing them.  As you probably know they come in a set with increasing sizes.  I found them useful but make sure you use loads of lubricant and of course start small!  I found them on line and as you say they are expensive!   A toy is also good and a bit more interesting.  I bought one from Boots, a brand called Swoon, vibrating pleasure wand.  It's not too big and it's not too expensive I don't think.  It's all about patience, it's a horrible thing to experience and so easy to lose confidence.   I use ovestin alternate nights and non hrt gel the other night. 

misskh

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 03:56:36 PM »

Thanks....
I've definatly lost confidence...
At 57 It's the only menopause symptoms that I suffer with...so i'm just using the prescription Vagifem and estirol, along with OTC products inbetween..