Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Cancelled hysteroscopy and now a period from hell  (Read 1070 times)

Sparkler

Cancelled hysteroscopy and now a period from hell
« on: April 12, 2020, 11:27:24 AM »

Hi there. I am hoping you can help me understand what is going on.

I am on evorel 50 plus 12 days of 200mg oral utrogestan. Have been feeling fine, but bleeding was either not happening at all, or was coming early 7 or 8 days into the Utro, or occasionally a week after stopping Utro. Most bleeds were fairly small, 4 or 5 days, if that, and only occasionally heavier with the odd clot. Sorry if TMI.

I was sent for an ultrasound because the bleeding was off schedule - all seemed ok except a small fibroid. I was referred for a hysteroscopy meant to be 26 March, but that was cancelled due to the lockdown.

Then this month I have had a period at the right time (3 days after stopping Utro) but it is still going strong, full on bleeding with clots and cramps ( enough to wake me up) after 10 days!! I though it was nearly over on day 5 then it started up again and hasn't slowed at all.

Any idea what could be going on? On the one hand I do need to bleed but this is not normal for me. Or maybe this is what it's supposed to be like?

Sparkler

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cancelled hysteroscopy and now a period from hell
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 11:37:10 AM »

There is medication to ease continual bleeding.  Ring your GP on Tuesday for a phone appt.?

Sparkler

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 02:16:42 PM »

Ty CKLD and stellajane. I will just have to see if it settles. I suppose I got worried that something was wrong because it was all so different.

I guess if the lining has built up it just needs to come out though.

I?ll get some painkillers down me and cook that Easter roast dinner.

S

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 03:52:38 PM »

Are you still peri? Perhaps the hrt cycle is out of step with your own. How thick was your lining?

Sparkler

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 04:09:53 PM »

Hi Sheila99

All I was told from the ultrasound was that it looked normal apart from a fibroid. The GP then called me on 23 Dec and said I needed a hysteroscopy, then it was cancelled and here we are, 3.5 months later.

I think I am still in peri. I can accept my body is just screwed up at the moment and work has been immense pressure recently, but even so I don't think I have ever in my whole life had a period like this one.

Thank you for replying, it actually just helps to be in touch with other women whose hormones are also messed up.

S
X

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 06:16:54 PM »

Hi Sheila99

All I was told from the ultrasound was that it looked normal apart from a fibroid. The GP then called me on 23 Dec and said I needed a hysteroscopy, then it was cancelled and here we are, 3.5 months later.

I think I am still in peri. I can accept my body is just screwed up at the moment and work has been immense pressure recently, but even so I don't think I have ever in my whole life had a period like this one.

Thank you for replying, it actually just helps to be in touch with other women whose hormones are also messed up.

S
X
I have also had a hysteroscopy under GA cancelled. I tried to have one under local back in February (due to regular light bleeding with Evorel Conti past the 6 month point). They then established that I had no fibroids or polyps and that it looked healthy but they still wanted me to have a biopsy. I wanted to postpone it another couple of months to give the bleeding a little longer to stop naturally but they insisted I have it done as a precaution. I had a pre op assessment on March 7th but since then it has been up in the air..... I got a phone call from the hospital just before the lockdown and they confirmed that the delay was due to Covid 19. I have heard no more since.
I am still hoping that the delay will lead to me not needing one. I had a light bleed in March. Nothing yet in April. I will wait until the end of this month to see if I get anymore before I contact them.