Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Elleste Duet Conti 2mg shortage?  (Read 618 times)

shoppingqueen

Elleste Duet Conti 2mg shortage?
« on: April 10, 2020, 09:13:45 AM »

Hello
Asking for my friend. She's been to chemist and been told Elleste Duet Conti 2mg not available. Is this the case or just the chemist who can't get it?
Also, they have have given Kliofem as a replacement saying it's the closest thing to it. Is this true? She's peri menopausal so I was wondering why the chemist would decide and also isn't this a no bleed?
I've suggested she email her doctor surgery but thought I'd check in here to see if anyone has any thoughts?
🙏 xx

bear

Re: Elleste Duet Conti 2mg shortage?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 04:52:25 PM »

Hi shoppingqueen,

Unfortunately, it is not available according to Mylan's website https://mywayhub.co.uk/en-gb/range

Kliofem has the same composition as Elleste Duet Conti (2mg estradiol, 1mg norethisterone) and yes both are continuous combined HRT usually for postmenopausal woman, no bleed. If she's perimenopausal she should be having a sequential regimen, unless she doesn't want a bleed.

There are other options available, have a look at Treatments (HRT preparations) on the main MM site.

BeaR.

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 06:54:12 PM »

Kliofem is the same as Elleste Duet Conti but both are for post menopause , not peri x

shoppingqueen

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 03:41:12 PM »

Thanks BeaR and Dotty!
I?ll pass this on.
Happy Easter 🐣 xx