Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Wearing uniforms to and from work?  (Read 1585 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Wearing uniforms to and from work?
« on: April 17, 2020, 08:49:04 PM »

Years ago I noted that store workers were wearing uniforms home ........ great when the big slobbery dog meets the worker and we have no way of knowing if the uniform is laundered and worn back to work  :-\.

An advert earlier this evening showed a 'key worker' hugging two children in a kitchen - in her uniform  >:( ........

I think that it's time that uniforms should remain in the company and be laundered on site.  'our' Nurses went home wearing uniform, back to work the next shift and changed once in the Ward.  B4 tending to any patients.  Each uniform was then taken to the on-site laundry and if necessary back via the sewing room if buttons etc. were required. 

With all this extra cleanliness awareness, hopefully this will be one issue that is considered as helping to stop disease spread. 

Pennyfarthing

Re: Wearing uniforms to and from work?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 09:14:34 AM »

My former neighbour was a qualified nurse.  She used to stand outside her front door feeding her cats whilst wearing her uniform. She would be opening cans of cat food and putting it  in their dishes and all the time the cats would be on the wall beside her rubbing themselves against her body.  She would then just get in her car and drive to work without washing her hands. It used to make me feel physically sick.

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 09:41:14 AM »

Not me then, feeling sore about this?   Hopefully the industry will take a hard look at themselves. 

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 12:26:19 PM »

:-\ ...........   what else would you be doing  ;D : if you are bored, I have windows that require attention  ;)

Foxylady

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 06:42:52 PM »

Where does that leave community nurses then who wear uniform?

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2020, 09:23:32 AM »

Community Nurses should have once-only aprons if they are in close contact with patients.  With gloves.  To protect the uniform. If it's an in-out visit with no contact the apron isn't required.