Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Bowel problems  (Read 1738 times)

cazzie29

Bowel problems
« on: April 12, 2020, 09:33:13 AM »

it's been a while since I felt the need to post on this forum, however I was wondering if someone could help me with what I've been experiencing over the last 3 months.
I was on HRT for 2 years and decided to come off it as I couldn't find one to suit me, apart from Femseven Conti, but I'd only been on it for 2 months when they discontinued it 😥. I've now been off HRT for a year and, although the hot flushes have returned, I feel they?re not as bad as pre HRT and have been coping ok with them.
However lately I have been experiencing upset stomachs on a weekly basis (sometimes bad stomach cramps and having to get to the toilet right away, other times just needing to visit the toilet 3 or 4 times a day and stomach feeling grumbly). All this is now increasing my anxiety levels and I was wondering if this was a menopause related symptom or something more sinister.
Any advice extremely welcome.
Thanks ladies.

Salad

Re: Bowel problems
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 10:19:52 AM »

Hi cazzie29  :)

It is always a worry when your body changes.
It could be a number of things - irritable bowel, food intolerances or diverticular disease spring to mind.
Always worth speaking to your GP about it, they may want to send a sample if it's a loose stool.
Until then, maybe try and keep track to see if it links to anything eg food eaten, time of month, symptoms. Stress and anxiety may also contribute.

Take care  :foryou:

cazzie29

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 10:51:43 AM »

Thanks Salad, I'm thinking of making an appointment with my GP but didn't want to bother them atm when they are so stretched with this wretched Covid 19.  I'm 59 and had my normal bowel test a year ago which came back all clear but I know things can change quickly.

Oh me, old age doesn't come itself 😥.

Take care X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 11:43:21 AM »

HORMONES  >:(

10 mins. B4 a bleed even if a period wasn't due, I would have to dash.  Loose bowel movements.  Could never plan a journey at that time of month  :-\ and there was no argument about it. 

Any alteration in hormone levels, liquid intake, diet changes can cause the bowel to play catch up after a few days = anxiety which causes the bowel to grumble.

cazzie29

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 12:26:06 PM »

Thanks CLKD. it's a vicious circle isn't it?

I'm trying to fight against the anxiety of it happening when I'm out and not near a toilet 😥.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 12:59:48 PM »

If it's every day it makes life difficult.  Is there a pattern?

cazzie29

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2020, 01:55:31 PM »

No CKLD, no pattern but certainly seems to happen every week now.

I?ll start a food diary and take it from there 😃.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2020, 04:40:09 PM »

Everything that you eat/drink.

Any variations such as summer fruits, ice cream, lollies - it will get you an idea of what might have altered the rhythm.