Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Un-necessary media reports?  (Read 4239 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Un-necessary media reports?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2020, 08:27:13 PM »

Again this evening ICU was being shown on TV  >:( and if people are at death's door :
people will have given their consent to be shown on TV if they are identifiable, in fact people have asked to share their stories.

unlikely.  It's an invasion of privacy to film anyone unable to give consent.  Even if they aren't named. Why would any ICU have room for a camera anyway  :-\

It was said 2 weeks ago that 5 miles away from home was far enough.  In fact some Police have been telling people that they can't play in their gardens  >:(

My point is: if we are all being told to stay at home and in some statements 'stay indoors'  >:( what right do journalists have to travel, stand on a Prom., beach etc. simply to tell us not to do so !?! - again don't do as I do  :-\.  Any update from Hospitals can be given by video link internally to Matt whatever his name might be, rather than a Journalist with crew standing outside!!

jaypo

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2020, 09:32:17 AM »

I have to respectfully disagree hurdity (well slightly) seeing people dying and horrifically ill is not good for us,mentally,these are bleak times and this brings me down to such a low,yes,here on the forum,we are obeying the rules,unfortunately those selfish morons WHO ARE NOT  >:( will never change their attitudes,you can show them as many dying people as you like,it will not affect them,they will carry on doing whatever they please,as usual the minority spoil it for the majority.
As I've said before,over half a million people die in England and Wales every year and after this is all over,the numbers won't have changed much by the end of the year,it's the fact that these unfortunate people are all dying at one time instead of it spreading out throughout the year.
The constant doom and gloom won't change these selfish idiots unless  of course the images on tv are  one of their granny's

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2020, 09:46:48 AM »

Morning jaypo  :foryou:

Dorothy

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2020, 10:32:47 AM »

seeing people dying and horrifically ill is not good for us,mentally,these are bleak times and this brings me down to such a low,yes,here on the forum,we are obeying the rules,unfortunately those selfish morons WHO ARE NOT  >:( will never change their attitudes,you can show them as many dying people as you like,it will not affect them,they will carry on doing whatever they please,as usual the minority spoil it for the majority.

I agree - for those of us who are keeping the rules, showing graphic pictures or harrowing interviews won't have any benefit - and since stress and anxiety is known to have a damaging impact on the immune system, these 'news' items can actually cause harm by making us more physically vulnerable.  As for those who aren't keeping the rules - no amount of traumatic viewing will change their minds - until they or someone they love is affected, they just won't listen, because they are totally self centred.

I know I am risking getting the virus every time I walk into a supermarket - I really don't need people constantly telling me that, or asking if I know how horrible it is to die from Covid-19! 

jaypo

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2020, 11:02:13 AM »

Morning clkd  :) hope you?re feeling a bit better?
Yes,Dorothy,it's true, I think levels of depression are going to sky rocket,there will be suicides,no doubt but these idiots (I'd like to call them something else) won't change their habits.A lady yesterday was out walking her dog but being responsible,she took a photo of 7 men all with bikes,sitting on a park bench and chatting with each other,they just don't think the rules apply to them and no matter how many dying people you show them will change their attitude  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2020, 12:23:18 PM »

Still hung over  :-\ lack of exercise probably  ;)

jaypo

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2020, 12:34:17 PM »

Is it true Chris Tarrant has decided to go to his holiday home?

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2020, 01:24:48 PM »

Oh - >runs off to look<

>runs back: puffing < However, viewers were more interested in Chris' own drama as he revealed he left his home in the capital four weeks ago to move into his country house.

He told Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid: "We came away from London about four weeks ago and have been locked away in deepest Berkshire for the last mont

B4 lockdown was even considered ;-)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 01:27:37 PM by CLKD »

jaypo

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2020, 02:14:40 PM »

;D Don't exhaust yourself clkd  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2020, 03:19:19 PM »

:lol:     :whist:

Two hoots

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2020, 05:07:17 PM »

BBC news are now quoting weekly figures, daily deaths are not going up as much as they were so they've found a new statistic to keep up the bad news  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2020, 05:12:20 PM »

They haven't mentioned care home deaths either ....... so the whole reports are skewed! 

jaypo

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2020, 05:19:33 PM »

How right you are TH,the media should be hung drawn and quartered in my opinion

Sparrow

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2020, 05:23:54 PM »

What annoys me is that even programmes that are not news related, go on and on about.  >:( ::)

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2020, 05:44:09 PM »

....... and now the Government has realised that there are Care Homes involved in these deaths too. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3