Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Easter 2020  (Read 3214 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Easter 2020
« on: April 10, 2020, 10:48:54 AM »

:bunis: :bbq: :cupcake:

As in War Time we have to Make the Best of a Bad Job  ;)

This is the 1st we have spent alone in this house, other years we've had people to visit or we've gone to see parents as they aged.

I am half way through the egg DH bought me in the village shop last week  ;D - we will sit and enjoy what  :sunny: there might be until it turns colder, as forecast.  Which hopefully will prevent BarbQs!

Sparrow

Re: Easter 2020
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 10:53:12 AM »

I bought Easter Eggs, for the three of us at home, for the first time in about 20 years.

Every little helps.  :)

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 03:59:41 PM »

Went to Tesco then ?  :D

I decorated our lounge window in the week with bunnies etc.  ;)

>hands out hand for egg < however, how about your local GP Surgery?  Give them a ring?

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 06:41:26 PM »

I bought Easter Eggs, for the three of us at home, for the first time in about 20 years.

Every little helps.  :)

Haven't bought Easter eggs but do have hot cross buns and may open the box of chocolate biscuits which I have resisted since Christmas.

I am also enjoying the Classic  FM Easter countdown which I have listened to every year since it started in 1996. It makes doing routine jobs at home much more ok. If they had cancelled it this year, j would have been very disappointed.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 06:57:33 PM »

Not if you make them a pudding  ;)

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2020, 07:52:44 PM »

This will be the first Easter since I can't remember when - at least 35 years - that we have spent just the two of us. Will be the same for many of you I'm sure.

I sent easter chocs to my far flung children first class on Tuesday morning (3 separate packages) and only one of them has arrived . Two of them live on their own and usually come home at easter so i was trying to cheer them up, and one of them lives in a suburban part of a city on a main road with no outside space :( . I thought I had allowed plenty of time. Oh dear...

If the good weather continues we shall go for a decent walk somewhere in the hills and lanes and take some lunch with us  ;). Dare I say, a picnic!! There won't be anyone around because we live in a small village in a sparsely populated area and even on my daily walks along the lanes for about an hour I usually only pass maybe one couple out walking, so no walk police round here nor virus aerosols in the green hills. Then I'll cook roast leg of lamb in the evening! My favourite meat :)

Katejo - I made Hot X Buns yesterday for the first time!!!

Hope everyone has a lovely day whatever you decide to do in around or not too far from your home (if not working...)

:bunis:

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 07:57:02 PM »

So - no police in evidence where you are: but here they are using drones, helicopters, un-marked cars, word of mouth. 

I would never consider sending Easter eggs ...... so easily broken in the post: have you seen how Royal Mail treats the mail?  >:(.  It's a wonder anything gets delivered and in some areas Royal Mail are on strike due to having to work too closely together, siting it's against the Law - in the sorting offices they are shoulder to shoulder ........ so the eggs may arrive late. Don't despair.  Yet.

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2020, 10:31:47 PM »

Thanks Hurdity. I am the same as you. Easter Sunday is usually a fab day where all three children and their partners descend for a day of fun and food plus the tradition of hiding all of the eggs around the house. I ordered some eggs which were delivered amazingly. Well packaged and all intact. Sorry yours haven't made it yet but it is very hot and miss and they'll know you tried! The rest of the eggs are here for when we can once again meet and actually hug and laugh together again.

Wishing everyone a Happy Easter Day wherever you are.

Taz x  :)

Two hoots

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2020, 09:18:11 AM »

Happy Easter

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2020, 11:59:42 AM »

I cracked and opened my egg 15 mins. earlier than planned  ;D - it's rich, won't eat much each day  :P

Lanzalover

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2020, 02:04:11 PM »

Happy Easter

Opened my gin infused Easter egg after lunch it can only be described as an acquired taste  :o

Lanzalover x

Two hoots

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2020, 03:58:38 PM »

;D glad I chose Galaxy, still in its box but it's not going to be in there much longer  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2020, 04:24:48 PM »

Oh go on - break into it!

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2020, 05:22:07 PM »

But not allowed  :-\ ...........

Picnics in the garden?  I thought that there would be more  :bbq: stink today but thus far  :-X

I wouldn't consider gin in the house ...... although the bottles are tempting in all the lovely colours. 

Katejo

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2020, 05:52:37 PM »

Oh no - chocolate and buns. More weight gain!
   I am still resisting opening the chocolate biscuits. I have only eaten 1 hot cross bun today. No Easter Eggs at all.
Pages: [1] 2