Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: has tesosterone improves VA pelvic floor strength urinary incontinenence  (Read 1400 times)

Sooze

Sammiejane,
From what I understand Sandrena normal dosage is 0.5mg to 1.5mg and Oestrogel is 2 measures (1.5mg) to 4 measures (3mg) daily.  I'm currently using about ? of a pack of Sandrena 1mg, so 0.75mg, which is probably a bit more than 2 pumps of Oestrogel.  I also think I absorb it very well.

Although I think HRT improved my hair, as in when I started Tibolone vs not taking any systemic HRT, I think the improvement was extremely slow - gradually over a year or more.  Adding in Testosterone made no percievable difference.  Neither did changing to Sandrena & Utrogestan from Tibolone from what I can tell, but it's always been very fine (I'm quite fair) and shedding has never been a problem I've experienced even during pregnancy.

Taking the Utrogestan on alternate days vaginally gives me no effects/side effects that I am aware of at all.  I've had a scan this week & with over a year of this regime my uterine lining is 3.5mm - same as it was when I was on Tibolone, so the Uterogestan is defiantly doing what it's supposed to.

When I was taking Utrogestan every day orally I defiantly didn't feel 'right' and was getting gastro issues with it, plus very strange dreams & drowsiness during the day.  Switching to vaginally for me reduced the side effects but I still felt I was getting too much Progesterone, slightly PMT ish if that makes sense.  Similarly with Sandrena, tender breasts for me means dose too high, reducing  it slightly sorted that.

I would advise using a diary to keep notes of side effects, dosages etc when you're tweaking things as it's easy to forget what causes what.  If I hadn't kept one since 2016 it would be hard for me to remember how I'd felt/reacted to what I've tried.  It was the diary that put me onto reducing the Sandrena when the tender breasts started as I'd had that happen at the end of 2018 also.
HTH,
S

Sammiejane

hi sooze

i either need to reduce progestin alternate. nights or increase estrogen by half pump i tried full pump but immeasurably the next day felt awful pounding headache thick head this may well settle with continued dose of this.
i have also tried progesterone alternative nights but when i stop and miss a night the next night taking i wake feeling like my body is puffy heavy taking continuous i don't get that but get watery discharge  x i have menopause on tuesday and will need to decide to either up by half pump or reduce progesterone to alternate nights.
just concerned reducing progesterone will leave to much estrogen and cause hair shedding as i shed lots of hair on the gel when i took it on its own x but having said that last week or two i've been loosing more hair so maybe the gel doesn't suit me. x

although i do feel ok better then i have felt just need a tweak to sort watery discharge i hate it x i notice that if i stop progesterone for a night or two it goes away and again if i took 3 pumps it would go away so this is how i know i need a tweak just don't know what way x

Sammiejane

hi sooze.

sorry forgot to ask you also how have u found your weight on sandrena and utrogestan x

i think more utrogestan is obsorbed if using vaginally from what few ladies have said on here x

i do get looser stools on it and off tummy cramp but nothing major x

do u use sandrena on your arms or thighs ?

Sooze

Sammiejane,
Would say my weight is pretty stable, although had a knee injury at the end of last year which stopped my usual exercise regime and I put on about ? stone.  Restarted exercise (slowly) at the end of Jan, back up to speed from end of Feb and lost the gained ? stone and a bit more now.

Always use Sandrena on front of my thighs (alternate each day).  However I think my absorption is improved with exercise.  So I apply my gels, wait 30mins, exercise around 50mins - 1hr (30 mins bike) and shower around an hour later (about 2 ? hrs after applying the gels).  This is since I took a break from work at the end of Jan.

Had no gastro problems from Utero at all.
HTH,
S
Pages: 1 [2]